It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Diverticulosis and back pain..please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
    lucky7
    (female)

lucky7 HB User
    Diverticulosis and back pain..please help

My husband had a colonoscopy late last year and had a polyp removed and was dx with diverticulosis. He had only one pocket. He is 35 yrs old.

A couple of months after that he started complaining of abdomnal pain to his left side. We figure it is the divertulosis. On top of that he is having bad lower back pain. Is this associated with the disease?

He also has been to numerous doctors to find out what is going on with him. He has been experiencing dizziness, problems with depth perception, abdominal pain on the left side, lower back pain, constipation, diahrrea, flatuence, and just an overall awful feeling. He is constantly tired and is depressed because there has been no light to the end of this tunnel for him.

I am not sure if this is stemming from one problem or if he is having to deal with other health issues as well.

His blood pressure had been high but I think it has to do with the stress of all of this. He does have high cholesterol and is taking something for it now. His next appt is with an eye doctor and then from there he has to see an otologist. He has already been to the proctologist, ENT, family dr, sleep center, and numerous blood work has been done (urine, liver, prostate, kidneys, tsh (thyroid), other levels). I dont know what else to do if none of these futute visits come up with anything. He is currently on an antibiotic from the proctologist just in case he has diverticulitis..which the dr seems to think he has. But we dont know if any of this is related to all of the other issues he is having.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
    lucky7
    (female)

lucky7 HB User
    Re: Diverticulosis and back pain..please help

I did some researching on this site and found that his lower back pain may be related to coccydynia. We will bring that up to the doctor next time we are in there.

Closed Thread