It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• can't take it anymore. please help me. =/

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
    barbiegirlxo
    (female)

barbiegirlxo HB User
    can't take it anymore. please help me. =/

hello there. i am very miserable lately i have been to doctor after doctor, even a gastroenterologist was unable to find answers. your help would mean the world to me. i was on a very big diet, high in protein and my stomach would make the funniest gurgling noises after i ate. protien would send me straight to the bathroom. i also got terrible, explosive diarrhea from hard boiled eggs and too much greens. i went back to my old eating habits (very unhealthy) and i was under alot of stress. i had horrible stomach cramps and terrible diarrhea. the cramps were in my lower left and right abdomen and my back, it's like a cramping pain in my lower right abdomen. i also saw black in my stool. the doctor wasn't sure what it could be and ran a fecal occult test. i did two slides and both were negative for blood. the stomach pain continued and my appetite went. it went into my back all of the time. i wasn't sure if IBS could cause pain in your back, especially the lower back. i would also bloat after meals. i felt constant pain in the lower right of my back. it feels like i have to pass gas but i can't. my bowel movements would rotate between hard stools and loose, watery stools that smelled and looked like diarrhea. my symptoms continued so i went up for a full blood work up (which i would imagine reveal any serious issues). i had a full CBC count (red & white bloods) cells, they looked at my platelets, my liver function and my sugar..they looked at how everything was functioning. everything came back great. my stomach pain continued so i went to another doctor, she strongly felt my symptoms were attributed to IBS & possibly crohn's or UC but i don't have bloody diarrhea so i doubt it. these symptoms did come on when i became very stressed out. i finally saw a gastroenterologist who believed my symptoms demonstrated IBS but he wanted to do a colonoscopy. im only 18 years old so i said no and accepted the IBS diagnosis. i wasn't about to put myself through a colonoscopy which is invasive and risky for no good reason. my stomach makes violent growling noises after i eat & gurgling. the abdominal pain moves into my back. it almost feels like a big gas pain. my bathroom habits have changed. i also have some stomach acid that comes up to my throat at night. i feel like i have alot of acid in my stomach as well & i don't know if this is attributed to IBS or not. maybe stress has affected my digestive system? does this sound like IBS? they thought it might've been a kidney infection because of the pain in my back but they tested my urine. how about gallbladder attacks? it feels like trapped gas but im really not sure. im not about to put myself through a colonoscopy if it is believed to be IBS. does this sound like IBS? can IBS move into your back? please, IBS EXPERTS give me some insight. im sick of suffering & i want some advice from people who know their stuff. i don't want to hear "just go for the colonoscopy." i want insight based on the symptoms i have mentioned. i was also freaked out about colon cancer. i don't know anymore but please let me know what you think about my symptoms, thankyou very much.

i hear crohn's is extremely debilitating, althought this is uncomfortable..it's not debilitating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
    Re: can't take it anymore. please help me. =/

Hello there. Has anyone ever considered gall-bladder problems? Or even (partly) acid reflux. They (especially the GB) can result in pain through the back and shoulders.

I would recommend the colonoscopy. It's not all that risky from what I hear. Maybe the preparation isn't pleasant, but I don't think it's really risky.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
    JohnM22
    Inactive
    (male)

JohnM22 HB User

Hi, barbiegirlxo:

I cannot rule out IBS or gallbladder (stones or polyps), but I am certain that you do have a gastric ulcer and severe dysbiosis and until these conditions are corrected you cannot know about the others.

When I had these same problems, i fasted a total of 11 days, water-only, and have not had any similar very bad situations in the ensuing 20 years. It was the drugs (NSAIDs) that finally caused every alimentary tract "--itis" from GERD (esophagitis) to proctitis.

After fasting, it is important to re-implant beneficial bacteria from yoghurt (Stonyfield Farms or Brown Cow brands are best). I have used antibiotics, but do not believe that they would be overall beneficial to you now--perhaps after most of your symptoms are under control.

Study about fasting and see if it is right for You. It has been used with great success by peope with AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis; it will Kick out this disease) to heart conditions. The NSD (No Starch Diet) can help following the fast, but you may not require this regimen for very long.

Quote:
    maybe stress has affected my digestive system?
    STRESS does not affect digestive systems quite this much, and you might know other people your age who are under even more stress but do not react this way...

Good luck to You,
    John

Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
    tracy38
    (female)

tracy38 HB User

I am in the middle of something myself that isn't diagnosed yet and have similiar symptoms. This is what I have had done: 2 CT scans of abdomin and pelvic (ask for this if you haven't had one already - this is the "golden" test that will tell all) ultrasounds, get the colonoscopy - I was scared to death - let me tell you but ITS YOUR LIFE and you need to NOT BE SCARED - it ended up being nothing! They put you out so you don't even remember a thing - you wake up and your a bit groggy (I don't even remember who dressed me but I was fine by the drive time home. I also had the EDG (scope with camera down the throat) I had that done at the same time as the colonscopy so again, I didn't remember a thing. I also swalled a "camera pill" a pill with a camera on it to take 2 pics every second of your small intestine. After all this, countless blood tests, chest xrays and 2 CT scans, nobody has found anything. Although I am releaved I still have my symptoms which are: ABDOMINAL PAIN, LEFT RIGHT UPPER AND SIDES - ITS DIFFERENT ALL THE TIME IN DIFFERENT AREAS, BLOATING (LIKE 3 MONTHS PREGNANT) BACK PAIN - ALL OVER BACK PAIN - I DO HAVE TO SAY THOUGH ONLY LOOSE STOOLS - NO RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM SEVERAL TIMES A DAY. I am currently taking Bentyl which settles your colon. Maybe ask your Dr if you can try that. Hope you feel better soon - but I'd go have your colonoscopy done. I know its strange to have someone shoving a tube up your butt but believe me, Dr's don't look at it that way - that is their JOB!

Closed Thread