It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Need advice for fissures 6 weeks after Hemorrhoidectomy!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User
    Re: Need advice for fissures 6 weeks after Hemorrhoidectomy!!

thanks,
    I have an appointment at mayo clinic. I will definitely ask more questions if I have surgery.

Glad you are not having much pain...

Last edited by kcindarella; 04-15-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #17
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

i think u need to do the surgery, but with right Doctor....otherwise u gono have to deal with it. i do feel much better but i have stitches and i have pain during Bm because of stitches...you can go head do the Botox for now it got 60% success, if it dosn't work then do the surgery...
    From waht ur telling me about this Doctor of urs , he is not very confident doctor...if u decide to do it with him ask him where exactly he is cutting and how deep he is cutting...As u may know the sphincter muscles is not exactly round... this is how it look like.... ()
    and u do not want him to cut at the ends and not too deep either.
    The reason some ppl get incontinence is the surgeon cut into end of the muscles or they cut too deep cuse they sux in thier job. If u are very worried i suggest u come here and do it with Dr seid...he is very good....the whole thing took him 30 minutes...he explained everything from A to Z for me and we started with ointments , botox and others and finally surgery...now i don't want to jinx ma self but as far as surgery it went good...i did it last Friday..came home slept and everything is just fine...he called me several times to check on me too. So i cannot say enough about him + lots of free meds

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

Thanks for all the advice, I will definitely ask these questions.

I am going to a different Dr. from Mayo Clinic, my original surgeon, Dr. #1 (from a different town) will definitely not be involved. I have not met the new guy yet. Sounds like yours is a good one. I did meet with a different Dr. #2 who I am not too comfortable with so this will be the Doctor #3. Dr. #2 just wants to wait 6 weeks and see. I would like to know a little more, especially if they expect any healing and when that could be. If not, then what?

Glad you found a good Dr., I know how important that is now.

Hope you have continued healing, happy things are going well for you.
    Let me know how things progress.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

it took me 5 doctors and eventually one of the doctors told me that she cannot help me but she referred me to this Doc that can help me .
    i tell u something though, every time i have BM ,because of stitches, it hurts like a *****... so make sure u get lots of painkillers. and watch out for infection. I did get cold in the same day that i had surgery and now it a little bit worrying me...infection

Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #20
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

Jess,
    How are you doing?

I go in for appointment tomorrow. I am kind of scared, they have a slot on Tuesday to do surgery or treatment if needed. Not sure if I am ready for that yet although last night I did have a lot of pain.

Let me know how the recovery is going. Hoping the pain is better and you haven't got any infections. Are you having any negative side effects?

Take care.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #21
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcindarella View Post
    Jess,
    How are you doing?

I go in for appointment tomorrow. I am kind of scared, they have a slot on Tuesday to do surgery or treatment if needed. Not sure if I am ready for that yet although last night I did have a lot of pain.

Let me know how the recovery is going. Hoping the pain is better and you haven't got any infections. Are you having any negative side effects?

Take care.
    The surgery itself it wasn't a big deal at all..went smoothly..its now11 days abut i still have pain from the fissures but not the surgery....i felt like the pain from fissure disappeared after the surgery for like 6 days but then i was eating lots of fiber and had BM every day...i just know one thing the less BM the better i feel...If u doing surgery with good experienced doctor u should be just fine ...pain is even less than the fissures pain and last only a day when u have BM...At this time i'm begging to suspect weather my problem is a fissure at all....and y it doesn't heal...or maybe i'm expecting too much or not patient...I just wonder if u can ask ur doctor at Mayo if there is a laser surgery to burn or destroy the damaged tissues
    thank you and hope u just feel better...i think at May u should be able to find up to date treatments for illness

Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

No infection just keep it clean and use tub to was gently the area ...dont use very hot water in the tub...and dont use laxatives...try to eat noodle soups...if u get infection make sure u ask ur doc for some Cipro just in case..but the infection is rare...wat else? let see...ohhh yeah ask for volume if u have lotta muscle spasm..or anxity prior or after surgery....trust me it is not major surgery ... and discomfort is less than fissures pain....try not exercise or move around alot for first week at least..

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #23
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

Hi Jess,
    Thanks for replying. Hope you feel 100% soon!

My appointment went well. I did not have surgery yet. I have one deep fissure at the 12:00 position. Also two unhealed areas that they did not call fissures but said the blood vessels are close to surface so they are very tender and bleed easily. Even though I've used the nifedipine ointment for 6 weeks, they feel I have not used it correctly. Previous dr's said told me not to apply internally. Dr's at mayo said no, do apply it internally, not far but definitely in and onto the internal fissure, also on the unhealed spots. They want me to try 6 more weeks of this. It is discouraging because I still have alot of pain and 3 spots to heal. Will this ever end???

After 6 weeks, next step then botox, and if that doesn't work, then surgery. They did comment on incontinence of 4-10%, depending on study you look at. Scary... I appreciate your advice about how they need to do the incision. I feel comfortable with this surgeon, but it seems like a long road ahead of me.

They talked about cauterizing un healed wounds if they do not heal, maybe at same time as the botox.

Do you have muscle spasms anymore? That is what bothers me most. 6 hours of tight feeling and pain after bm's. I don't have much to take except darvocet, which I try not to take. Any muscle relaxants work well?

Take care, Have a good pain free day!

Last edited by kcindarella; 04-23-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

well u said something the kind of bothering to me...u said u have fissures at 12.00 positon thats hard to do surgery on...i did go to medical school for two years so i'm awre of lotta things and meds ...i think ur doc is right in playing safe becus eof the location of fissure...mine is in left side at 9.00 ...and he did the cutting at 3.00 position exactly opposite to my fissure ...i have much less spasm...do the Botox there is no danger in that...risk free and it might help u it defentky will help u with spasm...after quitng md school i got my degree in psychology...but now i cannot even help myself psychologically..tell u the truth im soooo down and depresse which won't help at all...

Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #25
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

As for pain try trmadadol..its last longer...might help u a bit with deperssion and has least risk of dependency...
    when i take it cuts the pain by 50 to 60% and last almost 12 hours anor more...so u dont need to take it every 6 to 8 hours

Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #26
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

I just wonder if u can ask ur doctor at Mayo if there is a laser surgery to burn or destroy the damaged tissues

Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #27
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

I totally relate to the depression thing. After nearly 11 weeks of pain because of an unneccesary surgery and no relief in site, it gets to be sort of depressing. I appreciate your insight on surgery with the position of my fissure, it is very helpful to have more knowledge.

I will check into the trmadadol. Dr's don't seem to want to give out pain meds, constipation & dependancy I guess.

Although I appreciate seeing good dr's, it was sort of a let down on the drive home that this may last a longg...time yet. I really felt like crying.

Praying for your mental and physical health.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #28
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

They mentioned cauterizing, suppose laser surgery is quite a bit different?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #29
    krazijess
    (male)

krazijess HB User

i wonder weather or not u too been taking lotta fibers that make u have frequent BM...also u need to push ur doc for pain killer...i know they try to cover thier own a s s...but our a s s is more important

Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #30
    kcindarella
    (female)

kcindarella HB User

I do take flexeril (muscle relaxant) for neck pain occasionally, maybe I need to try this while I am having more pelvic pain. Usually I only take it at night since it can make me tired. Wonder if others ever use this for fissure pain.

Closed Thread

Tags
    apri, botox, miralax, tylenol