It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Abdominal Pain for 8 months 24/7/365. Many Tests with no conclusion.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
    norml
    (male)

norml HB User
    Abdominal Pain for 8 months 24/7/365. Many Tests with no conclusion.

To the Heathboard Forum:

I am a Newbie to this Forum and first I would like to say Thank You for giving me a place to turn to, because I am at the end of my rope with this health problem. I begin to think about making a bad decision, just so that I can STOP THE PAIN.

Here is my story:

Way back in November 2007, I started getting this pain, in at first I thought was my chest, but I realized that the pain was actually coming from the Gut Area. So, for the next 8 months or so, this has been the dominant thing and pretty much took over my LIFE! I was even suspended from my job for 30 days because I was absent too often. I tried to go back to work, I really tried, I just could not do it. So, I am trying to get Disability (This is the first time that I have ever not worked, since I was 14 years old, I am 49 now!!).

Getting back to what's going on with me. The pain that I have is in the Mid to Lower left abdominal area, with a constant 24/7 aching pain. The pain runs along the left side and in my back, level to the problem in the front.

Since this all started, I have had (2) Ultra Sounds of the Abdomen, (2) Cat Scans, a Colonoscopy which came back with an "Everything is okay" banner, more blood work then I have done in the 49 years on this planet and then wrapped it up with a Bone Marrow Biopsy just this past Monday 06-02-08 (which I could not have the sedation because I had drank some water, so I did this thing with just the local sedation). Oh and I just remembered that I did the "Stool Specimen" thing and gave them to my doctor 06-02-08 and it takes (5) days - so they say - to sees if anything GROWS.

Then finally I was in the ER on 06-02-08. I was NAGGED to go, everyday, so I finally went. Of course I had (2), all too brief times there, when the Nurse gave me a shot of Dilauded (Spelling), which I had never had before. I had cried my first tears of joy as this went right over to the pain and it was gone. I have to admit, I have cried so many tears about this pain. Back in the ER, after about 15 or 20 minutes later, the pain just comes back, I knew it would, but I would do anything to get those 15 or 20 minutes back again.

I am sorry this thread is going to be so long with all the information from this "ordeal".

There are a couple of small issues that showed up on all of these tests, including the fact that my Spleen was "slightly" enlarged. My doctor mentioned that this is common when the body is fighting something. The pain is certainly in that area and it is so tender. It feels as though my entire GI System is so sore from all of the Diarrhea.

List Of Ongoing Symptoms

Abdominal Pain - Left side in the gut and wraps around to the pain in the back pretty much level to the front.

Severe Diarrhea and sometimes Constipation - working at regulating this with Water Soluble Fiber and Stool softeners if necessary.

No appetite (AT ALL), I have to force myself to eat some white rice, or a few Mini Wheats. I have lost around 50 pounds, which I had extra, because earlier last year, I ate Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts (like 8 to 12 a day!!!), man did I get fat!

Can't sleep (AT ALL) - The pain just keeps throbbing, no matter what position I am in. I am into my THIRD day with NO SLEEP. I don't even feel human.

Low Grade Fever - I did not think about a Fever early on, I just had these chills every so often and then I would get so hot. Range 99 to 101.

Hurts when I Urinate - I can't remember if this coincides with the timeframe of the Abdominal Pain.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - for 8 months? with a Fever? plus I feel it is getting worse. I really thought that this was the answer, but there are some symptoms that don't fit.

On a couple of Blood Works done, it showed an increasing Percentage of "Eosinophils", the normal range is only 1% to 4%, I had one with 15% and then 40% (which is off the chart!!). This is why the Hematologist / Oncologist ordered the Bone Marrow Biopsy. I felt that this was going to give our answers.

I went to the Hematologist/Oncologist that my Primary Doctor wanted me to see. I have to tell you, I thought FOR SURE, that the doctor was going to give me the bad news, and that I have "Eosinophilic Leukemia", some other Cancer. He didn't and I heard that horrible phrase "I don't know...."

(BTW - I have tried not to look through Internet as I understand that I will have all of the diseases because all the symptoms match).

But remember this has been going on since November of last year. Talk about me being depressed and frustrated and angry about this as it has completely taken over my life.

Then, my doctors won't prescribe anything that will REALLY stop the pain, as they are SO concerned about constipation or me getting hooked on Narcotics. (The Oncologist prescribed Tramadol, which is totally useless, so the doctors just let me suffer). To me this is I suffer from Migraines (ever since I can remember). You want to call me hooked, fine, I did not say it had to be a Narcotic. I just remember how good it felt, not to feel my heartbeat in my gut. All I want is for someone to help me STOP THE PAIN!

I feel like I am going out of my mind with this. Since there are no conclusions on any of the tests, people tell me it is "All in your head." Which has to be the most uncaring, miserable thing that anyone could say to me. I am so happy that these people can perform such Incredible Mind Control of their Bowels, I just don't have the willpower, I guess!!!!

This is crazy, how long this Thread is. I cannot imagine anyone reading to end, if you did God Bless You for even trying to help.

I am so desperate, if you have any suggestions I would be forever grateful to find some relief.

Thank you for reading my "life story" which is in total ruins because of this including Financial.

NormL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
    caroline1990
    (female)

caroline1990 HB User
    Re: Abdominal Pain for 8 months 24/7/365. Many Tests with no conclusion.

hello, i have been reading your storie and i feel exactly the same as you do, i have had i.b.s for about 2 years now and i constanly get really bad abdominal pain and i always have vomiting symptoms, im always in hospital with the pain but i always get told the same thing that it is i.b.s and they cant do anything. I have had loads of tests done and the only thing what shows up is my white blood count is high and my inflermation levels are raised so im always worrying about what is happening to me. If you want to talk more please reply back thankyou from caroline jackson x

Old 06-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
    Twinkie50
    (female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User
    Re: Abdominal Pain for 8 months 24/7/365. Many Tests with no conclusion.

Sorry to hear of all your problems...Since all of your tests are coming back normal, maybe you can ask your doctor to recommend a nutritionist ... maybe a diet change would help? I know food allergies can crop up at any time of your life... Or try acupuncture (works great)....I am sure your going thru agony waiting on all these test results - sometimes you wish something would come back to indicate something. Have you been tested for Lyme? My nephew has Lyme and his only symptoms were severe bowel/stomach problems. He came up high positive - have they tried you on a long term antibiotic therapy since I believe you said your white count came up high?

I have fibro. and IBS....so I know how frustrating it can be to be sick and every test comes back saying YOUR SO HEALTHY!!!!

MaryAnn

Closed Thread