It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• After drinking alcohol, my stool is red. PLEASE HELP. ALSO, help concerning MRI SCANS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
    arasla
    (female)

arasla HB User
    After drinking alcohol, my stool is red. PLEASE HELP. ALSO, help concerning MRI SCANS

After drinking alcohol, my stool is red. PLEASE HELP.?
    I'm a 16 year old girl, 55 kgs, and after a night of drinking, i end up with red stool the next morning.
    it has happened twice,
    the first time i had drunk around 6 bottles of strongbows (cider)
    i was drunk, but could think straight so clearly i wasn't drinking overboard, or that's how i'd classify it as...the next morning my stool was red, just the colour, but it didnt look like blood or anything, as in the water in the toilet was not bloody.

second time, i drank a glass of cranberry and vodka, and a glass of coke and vodka. the vodka would amount to maybe 5 shots i'd think....and i was drunk again, but not out of control, i could easily speak, move, etc. just the buzz, so i felt like i had not overdrunk.
    the next morning, i think my stool was an orangey colour, im not too certain on the colour as i didnt check properly

so basically, and crudely speaking, the next morning, the first crap is a different colour, and then it returns to the correct colour on the same day for the 2nd 3rd 4th whatever crap

am i ruining my intestines by drinking like this? or my liver? what's going on? help, advice, please...anything!

PART TWO

Can MRI scans show that you have engaged in sexual activity, or consumed alcohol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
    AuntieLeela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
    Re: After drinking alcohol, my stool is red. PLEASE HELP. ALSO, help concerning MRI S

Drinking alcohol does negatively effect the digestive system and it is very dehydrating.

The color of stool is determined by what you ate and the amount of bile (a yellow-green fluid) excreted by the gallbladder and liver. Any dramatic change in color that lasts for more than two days needs to be evaluated by a doctor.

Red/orange stools could be from red food coloring, candy, beets, red Jell-O/Kool-aid, tomatoes, cranberries, etc.

The one you really need to look out for are black or tarry looking stools. That's an emergency, it could be caused by bleeding from the stomach or upper intestines.

p.s. An MRI would not show alcohol consumption unless there were some medical condition caused by drinking - like an ulcer or inflamed liver. The same for sexual activity, there'd have to be some injury or inflammation.

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 11-15-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Add post script

Closed Thread