It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• severe constipation, "something" down there

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
    TaterbugTwins
    (female)

TaterbugTwins HB User
    severe constipation, "something" down there

I have been on narcotics for a week, and I can not go to the bathroom right now. I have very severe stomach pains, and when I bear down to go, there is swollen tissue there instead of stool. I literally have to help the stool out. I have no symptoms of hemorrhoids, no burning, itching, anything. Just extra "something" down there. Any ideas what it could be? I am in a ton of pain, and can not take sitting on the toilet any more b/c it causes severe pain in my leg (the reason I am on the narcotics) Please help fast. It hurts not to go, and I am afraid to try too hard. I am just laying on the floor hoping for the urge to be stronger.

Daughter, 6, ADHD,
    son,3, global delays, MERLD, ODD
    son,3, epilepsy, PDD-NOS (autism), sensory disorder, MERLD, global delays, hearing loss R. ear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
    kennyboy
    (male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
    Re: severe constipation, "something" down there

Blimey, I'd get some medical advice rather than hope somebody on here can help you. It could be a physical blockage caused by a twisted bowel or an intussusception. Why delay when you are in pain? You need an accurate diagnosis and putting off medical intervention could make thing worse. Don't mess about with your health because sometimes you don't get a second chance.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
    suzyljank
    (female)

suzyljank HB User
    Re: severe constipation, "something" down there

You could have popped out a hemorrhoid from straining or it could be the beginning of a prolasped rectum. I'd call the doctor. I got a blockage from codiene one time and had to go the emergency room to get unblocked. It wasn't fun. Don't let it go, the longer you do the harder it becomes to relieve the blockage. Good luck. Suzy

Closed Thread