It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Anal skin tag removal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
    Dani 87
    (female)

Dani 87 HB User
    Anal skin tag removal

I had two skin tags removed by a colorectal surgeon in his office on Monday June 30 (5 days ago). The lidocaine shots were extremely painful and the procedure was uncomfortable. He had to stop to put a couple more lidocaine shots because I felt the cutting a couple times. After they were removed, he put an ointment on it that cauterized it. He said it was like a chemical burn to seal the wound. Then, the nurse put gauze on my bum. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes. The doc prescribed me darvocet and lidocaine ointment. After I stood up and then sat back down I started feeling really faint and I threw up in the trash. I got over that in about 5 mins and the doctor explained that there is some nerve down there (I forget what it's called) that when it gets messed with like that it can cause blood pressure to drop and make you feel faint.
    I was in a lot of pain the first 3 days. I was taking my pain medicine every four hours. I've been taking sitz baths every four hours or so and taking stool softeners.The first time I pooped was on Wednesday. The first few stools were small but then there was a big one I couldn't get out. There was a lot of blood in the toilet. I stopped because I was already in excruciating pain and I got in the bath. It took about 30 mins before I could stop screaming and crying. I didn't know it was going to hurt that bad. I was constipated and terrified of getting that really big poop out. I was taking stool softeners and miralax. I held it in until Friday and I took milk of magnesia and then when I got the strong urge to poo I used a baby glycerin suppository and put KY Jelly on my butt to help it come out. It was awful. After it came out, I got in the tub and screamed and cried again. I was in pain the rest of the day.
    So, now it is Saturday and I have diarrhea. I think from taking all the stool softeners and miralax. It hurt but I used a water bottle to run water over it while it came out. It still hurt afterwards for about 10 mins, but I've had to go 3 times today. I don't know how much longer it's going to hurt to poo. It hurts so bad to go poop, and I'm getting anxiety over it.
    I want my poop to be soft but not runny. Any suggestions on how to do that? Also, any advice on dealing with the pain after pooping? I'd also like to hear any stories or suggestions from anyone that has had this same thing done or something similar. Thanks

Last edited by Dani 87; 07-04-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
    bon608
    (female)

bon608 HB User
    Re: Anal skin tag removal

Quality fish oil capsules will help soften your stool. Good luck. I hope you are feeling better.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
    Dani 87
    (female)

Dani 87 HB User
    Lightbulb Update

Well, I thought I would post an update for anyone that would like to know.

I completely changed my diet so that my stools are soft. I only eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables, yogurt, and very little meat. I thought that I could quit taking the miralax and stool softeners and take a fiber supplement because my poop was a little too runny. Well, I didn't go at all the next day after I stopped taking that stuff. Then the next day, I thought I was constipated again because it hurt to try to push it out. So, I used a fleet infant glycerin suppository because I thought that would be more gentle than a regular enema. It hurt really bad coming out, but when I was done, to my surprise, my poop looked really soft. It looked as if it would fall apart but it had just enough bulk to stay together. So, my diet was working but it still hurt for my situation right now.

I decided it was easier to have the more runny poops because it just came out, no pushing. So, I've been taking miralax in the afternoon and two stool softeners before bed.

I've found that using a sports water bottle filled with warm water, the kind you can sqeeze and squirt the water out, and spraying it on my backside while the poo is coming out helps a lot. Also, I have the bath water running but don't plug the drain. Then, immediately after I'm done on the toilet I get in the tub on all fours and put my bottom right under the running water. This I've found helps a LOT. It helps relieve the pain right away. Then after I feel a little better I plug the drain and sit in the bath for about 20 minutes. I wish I would have thought of that at the beginning. The first few days were tough but now that I've figured out what works for me, it's getting easier.

Well, hopefully this helps someone out

Closed Thread