It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• 4 months of stomach issues... HELP PLEASE!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
    videomatic
    (male)

videomatic HB User
    4 months of stomach issues... HELP PLEASE!!!!

I've had stomach problems for 4 months on and off. It started around the time i was getting a new job, i had been unemployed for 13 months and my anxiety was at an all time high, luckily my workouts helped ease my anxiety a bit. Anyway, I got diarrhea in the beginning of october that lasted maybe one or two days. It was weird because i got sick right after i took a zicam, cold remedy. I had just taken about 3 supplements for my workout, whey, glutamine and creatine and then i took a zicam cause i felt a cold coming. well about 15 minutes after my zicam is when i got sick. After that, about a month later i got food poisoning, at least that is what i thought it was since i couldn't go to the dr. with no insurance. I ate some really spicy food and i had really bad acid reflux right after and then i vomited once and had diarrhea again that lasted about 3 days. then in late november my sinuses were so bad that it developed into strep throat and one of my fathers clients, a nurse practitioner, prescribed me some amoxcillin. I had a 10 day supply but I could only finish up until the 8th day because I had really bad stomach cramps and loose stool. ever since then my stomach is on and off. I have good days or good weeks and then all of a sudden I get loose stool that will last a day. I haven't had watery diarrhea or anything like that but it is really annoying colic, lots of gurgling noises in my stomach and loose stool. I am to the point where I am scared to eat cause I am scared of getting sick to my stomach. Now that i have been employed for 3 months my insurance finally kicked in and I have a dr. appointment on friday, FINALLY!!! I am sooooo scared though but i need to go and see what is wrong with me. Anyway, I guess i am asking if anyone has ever gone through anything like this. It is really weird cause I don't have diarrhea, it is really just like loose stool (sooooo sorry if this is grossing people out, i really apologize), and i can sometimes eat heavy foods and be fine. But i am CONSTANTLY thinking about my stomach, every minute of everyday. My family seems to think it is IBS being that i am such a worrier and not to mention hypochondriac. I was thinking maybe it could be an infection that came about from the amoxcillin killing all my "good bacteria", but i don't know. Anyway, i have already self diagnosed myself with about 20 different things, which i know isn't good, but i can't help it. I am always on the computer looking up symptoms. My gf thinks its IBS that was brought on by my anxiety over my unemployment. I have dealt with anxiety and stomach issues in that past, about 5 years ago and from what I can remember it feels almost the same but I need to find out once and for all, from somebody who is actually a doctor. anyway, any help or any support would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
    eramos
    (female)

eramos HB User
    Re: 4 months of stomach issues... HELP PLEASE!!!!

you know when your nervous about something or have anxiety the part of your body that feels the toll is your stomach.. WHen i read your posting i felt like i was reading about my self ... i had to get an endoscopy and colonoscopy done because I had serious but i MEAN SERIOUS stomach problems.. After a full physical, endoscopy, colonoscopy turns out i had NOTHING wrong with me and i was causing my self to become sick and worried all the time..From the moment i opened my eyes in the morning i had an upset stomach and coundnt wait till bed time so that i can sleep and not think about it.. Im sure your ok and maybe if you shift your focus all your symthoms will dissapear..

Last edited by eramos; 01-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
    videomatic
    (male)

videomatic HB User
    Re: 4 months of stomach issues... HELP PLEASE!!!!

thanks for replying. I finally went to the doctor and I had a blood test and stool samples this past weekend. I haven't received the results yet but when I took in my 2nd stool sample I had a friend whom i had no idea was working as a tech in the lab and i told her what I was there for. She checked on my blood test results and said everything looked good but one for vitamin d(something) wasn't done yet because it had to be sent out since they don't do the test for that one there. Since my visit to the doctor my stomach seems to have done a 180 and I haven't had any problems. I'm thinking that since i am finally doing something about it, about finding out what is wrong with my stomach (i had been STRESSING about my stomach for months), my nerves are finally easing down a bit and calming my stomach down. I wonder if this is what ibs sufferers deal with. I don't know if i have ibs or an actual stomach problem since none of my tests are 100% final but does it sound like it. These problems i have seem to surface more when I think about it or when i am stressing it or just stressing in general even if I am stressing about work. anyway, thanks for reading my post and for your response. have a good one.

Closed Thread