It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Fever & wondering what the heck is up with this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
    rose4me
    (female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
    Question Fever & wondering what the heck is up with this?

I am nearly two months post opp from a gall bladder surgery (1/7) and a ERCP (1/8). Acute pancreatitis was the reason for the surgery in the first place. I've whined about this before - sorry folks - but would appreciate seasoned words of - you are ok and this too shall pass from those who really think that is so.
    I didn't really believe before the acute pancreatitis attack on 12/27 that I was ill and wanted to put my big girl panties on and just get over it - Didn't happen. Like a lot of gall bladder patients I've read about on these message boards - I have issues with bile dumping and have been chided by my GI system for not being more careful with what I eat. I know - sigh.
    I began feeling really icky this past Wednesday - with extreme nausea, had a complete bowel void that day and felt somewhat better - Now, if I void all, with usually three big trips to the potty, then the next day - I don't go at all. Great. I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip, as like many families we are going through some pretty dicey times on so many levels. Husband is great though - and as supportive as he can be at this time. We are both unemployed, no insurance. Yippee.
    Thursday and Friday - I felt really physically down and am beginning to feel like I did before the acute attack of pancreatitis in December. Boo! Saturday, I felt like pooh, ran a really impressive fever for me 102 , as my normal body temp is 97.4 and on a busy day, maybe 98. Fever broke during the night (sat) felt understandably drained on Sunday. Today I saw my gastro doc, who said that unless the fever is spiking ??? Don't know what that means really, he thought I was good to go home and continue to recoup. Except, I am now again running a fever! Sigh - Really? 101 to 102. So, my dear husband is insisting that I call the doc tomorrow a.m. and report in. I am almost certain, this is not viral. It does not feel viral at all. I know me by now. I am trying to force liquids and waiting for the fever to break - I hope it does, but my abdomen is awfully tender. It could be from the exam today and it could be from the other unknowns. The Doc, did send me for labs/blood work, but I hope they put a rush on it. The good doc is also hesitent to order more testing for me because of the self pay thing. I so understand.
    This was way longer than I intended for it to be, and I know there are many folks on these boards who have good ears to listen and sound words to think on. Here's hoping someone is still up at this hour and has insight for little old me.
    Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread