It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Blood in Stool

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
    katenicksic
    (female)

katenicksic HB User
    Blood in Stool

Beginning yesterday morning I've had terrible green diarrhea with a black, tarry substance in it that internet research has suggested to be blood. I've also experienced recent weight loss, though I thought it was normal because I have just come back from college and am eating a little healthier. In just a week and a half, however, I have lost about five pounds after making no major changes in diet or exercise whatsoever. It may also be worth mentioning that I haven't had a period in two months, though two pregnancy tests have come back negative, and over the last few days my skin has become worse than it has been in years. I know that I should see a doctor, but I'm not entirely sure what kind of doctor I should even go to for these problems. Has anyone experienced anything similar or has any idea the sorts of things I should be expecting? Even some guidance in where to start seeking medical attention would be helpful.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
    azblonde
    (female)

azblonde HB Userazblonde HB User
    Re: Blood in Stool

It sounds like you may have to see a gastrologist,, or get a referral for one, I have some of the same symptoms that you are showing, major weight loss I lost over 25 pounds, the diarrhea I have is yellow and the bleeding that i am having is red,, I have been having these bleeding for over 2 years, it is frustrating when you can not get an answer, I see a digestive disease disorder Dr for my problems and have had numerous colonoscopys along with every blood test plus every scan,, all have come back negative with the exception of a nuclear blood scan which showed blood in my small intestine, the blood was free standing so they were unable to determine where the bleed was or why,, I also have severe pain which I take dilaud for it is a major pain medication and I only take it when I really have to,, all i can say is good luck and hang in there

Closed Thread