It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Having constant urges to have a bowel movement, with discomfort????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
    artp
    (male)

artp HB User
    Unhappy Having constant urges to have a bowel movement, with discomfort????

Hello,
    For the past 2 week or so, I am having constant urge for bowel movements. The pressure does not seem to come from the stomach or the intestine, but seems to be in the rectum. The feeling is like there is constantly a residue even after BMs. I am having to visit the toilet about 2-4 times a day, no bleeding just some pain discomfort. Feels good after the BM and the feeling starts to build up gradually. My first BM is good the ones afrter that hurt and only a little comes out, maybe its a little seems like a type of constipation. I had a LIS for a fissure in nov got that squared away.................... I did notice that this problem has been with me before maybe like 3 times a year, but only for 2-3days or so, never this long. This has agrevated my internal hemmrhoid...my luck!

Past couple of days I am experiencing lower back pain too right by my tailbone or a little lower like a numbness feeling, especially when I am in the sitting position. My PCP gave me Miralax and am having for the past 3 days. Symptoms are slightly better (could even be psychological!)

I eat healthy. don't smoke or don't consume alcohol.

What could this be? Does the lower back pain or numbness have anything to do with the constant urge to defecate? Any pointers will help. Thanks for reading my horror story. Im at losssssss, my life is on hold!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Having constant urges to have a bowel movement, with discomfort????

Hi...you need to go and see a gastroenterologist...someone who will take a look internally to see if you have inflammation.

What you're describing is what I experience with an ulcerative colitis flare. Not saying YOU have it...just that it's familiar to me.

Are you having mucus bms and not just stool?

q

Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
    artp
    (male)

artp HB User
    Re: Having constant urges to have a bowel movement, with discomfort????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Hi...you need to go and see a gastroenterologist...someone who will take a look internally to see if you have inflammation.

What you're describing is what I experience with an ulcerative colitis flare. Not saying YOU have it...just that it's familiar to me.

Are you having mucus bms and not just stool?

q
    Hello quincy thanks for your responce, I had mucus in my bms, but was told it was from a fissure. Since i had the LIS no more mucus. I eat healthy excersise, drink plenty of water and have fiber in my diet.........hmmmm i will def look into the UC. thanks.

Closed Thread