It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• PPH problems Day #6

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
    tjrose
    (female)

tjrose HB User
    Angry PPH problems Day #6

It is Day #6 after my PPH surgery on Valentine's Day of all days. How romantic! It has been a nightmare! Believe me I have had several operations over the years and this has been the worse pain ever. The last two days I have noticed or rather almost passed out from a strong discharge smell. I feel like I am down at the docks the odor is so strong. I will be calling the doctor in the morning to see if I have an infection. I really thought this surgery would be "no big deal" and I'd be right back to work and teaching. I have a feeling I won't. I am in pain from the time my eyes open until I go to bed. I had a few polyps removed, a skin tag and internal hemorrhoids. Who knew it was going to feel like this. And after having a C-section, natural childbirth, a broken elbow and a head on car crash I thought this would be a walk in the park. I also started bleeding this morning a bit more rectally. Ok more to follow after I go to bed, get up and go through the hell of pooping one more day! Will call the doctor and hope that it is something simple to clear up. If anyone has survived this operation and can offer any and all suggestions, advice, cures, help, anything I would appreciate it. I am even considering voodoo at this point. I'd like to make a doll that resembles the doctor's that tell you how simple this procedure is and then perform a PPH on it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
    SluggerHMA
    (male)

SluggerHMA HB User
    Re: PPH problems Day #6

I am on day seven after PPH surgery. I never imagined I would be be in this much pain. I have cried, screamed and ask the lord (very loudly) to relieve me from the pain. Yesterday night I finally had a bowel movement. It was HELL... I feel today as much pain as I did on day 1.

I know you were in a great deal of pain as well, but you never lost sense of humor!

How are you feeling today 4 months after your surgery? I am interested in reading your results.

Thanks,

Old 06-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
    tjrose
    (female)

tjrose HB User
    Wink Re: PPH problems Day #6

Today I feel like a million bucks and asked if I would do it all again the answer is YES!! Hang in there! I have normal bowel movements every day with zero pain! I have never felt better, but the best advice I received was to make certain that I NEVER miss taking my fiber! I do not personally do well with the fiber pill. I take a tablespoon of pure psyllum husk and mix it with about 12 ounces of water. It tastes like crap but it works. I suffer from IBS and diverculitus. Neither has been a problem as long as I am religious about fiber! I wish you the best and remember - you will survive!!! When I went to my post op appointment I told the doctor that maybe if I knew what I was in for I may of chickened out! The pain pills were not the cure for me they made me feel like I was going to toss my cookies and dizzy. So for me three 200mg Advil (every 7 hours) did the trick. Best of Luck!!

Closed Thread