HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Bowel Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/)
-   -   Back and Left side Stomach pain (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/858267-back-left-side-stomach-pain.html)

LadyAryana 07-08-2011 10:28 PM

Back and Left side Stomach pain

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and concerned. I have always had back pains, I was hit by a car when I was younger, and since then it has gotten worse.

My Problem is now that it is getting to the point I am having problems moving. First I thought it might be the way I was sleeping, I have been on everything, although due to having a Dr who could not speak english I was taken off my meds. I was getting a shot in my back every month for almost two yrs, it started off every three months, then went to every month for seven months. When it got to the point the shot was causing more pain then what I was suffering I decided to stop. I couldn't lay down without feeling a ball rolling around my injection site.

I have been without a shot for three months now, and have had two scripts for the pain. When I was on the meds I was able to move around and do things. Since the last script running out I have noticed that it has affected my bowels. Which is strange cause I would have thought that being on them would mess with my bowels.

Now I am noticing that the pain it running down my back, hips, and to my stomach. Not to mention I am feeling like I am going to get sick. Since I am no longer on anything, I have had problems going to the bathroom. I seem to be constipated really bad. I have started to take fiber OTC tablets. I am also taking laxatives, but I am still fighting to go every three to four days.

Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed, I have totally lost my appetite. Which has been going on for almost a month. And now I am ending up with Chest pains. When I lay down my back throbs, and I can not get comfy. I am almost always in tears, and it takes me hours to get to sleep. I was going through bottles of Tylenol and Ibuprofen although I stopped when I figured out they weren't helping.

I have found a new Dr, but the problem is I am without a car so I am unable to go in when things get bad. Not to mention I don't want to go through the same thing I did with my last Dr.

I come to figure out it is my bowels are impacted cause I notice my back and stomach do not hurt as much when I am finally able to go.

I would like to know what I can do cause I know taking laxatives on a regular basis is not a good thing. My brother also died of Colon Cancer and it scares me, as I was told I was at a 80% risk of getting it, and I am now the same age he was when he died.

Any suggestions? I am a single mom and I want to be there for her when she finishes school, gets married, and makes me a grandmother again.

Thanks

Lady Aryana

flipfleury 07-08-2011 11:58 PM

Re: Back and Left side Stomach pain

[QUOTE=LadyAryana;4795728]Hello everyone,

I am new here, and concerned. I have always had back pains, I was hit by a car when I was younger, and since then it has gotten worse.

My Problem is now that it is getting to the point I am having problems moving. First I thought it might be the way I was sleeping, I have been on everything, although due to having a Dr who could not speak english I was taken off my meds. I was getting a shot in my back every month for almost two yrs, it started off every three months, then went to every month for seven months. When it got to the point the shot was causing more pain then what I was suffering I decided to stop. I couldn't lay down without feeling a ball rolling around my injection site.

I have been without a shot for three months now, and have had two scripts for the pain. When I was on the meds I was able to move around and do things. Since the last script running out I have noticed that it has affected my bowels. Which is strange cause I would have thought that being on them would mess with my bowels.

Now I am noticing that the pain it running down my back, hips, and to my stomach. Not to mention I am feeling like I am going to get sick. Since I am no longer on anything, I have had problems going to the bathroom. I seem to be constipated really bad. I have started to take fiber OTC tablets. I am also taking laxatives, but I am still fighting to go every three to four days.

Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed, I have totally lost my appetite. Which has been going on for almost a month. And now I am ending up with Chest pains. When I lay down my back throbs, and I can not get comfy. I am almost always in tears, and it takes me hours to get to sleep. I was going through bottles of Tylenol and Ibuprofen although I stopped when I figured out they weren't helping.

I have found a new Dr, but the problem is I am without a car so I am unable to go in when things get bad. Not to mention I don't want to go through the same thing I did with my last Dr.

I come to figure out it is my bowels are impacted cause I notice my back and stomach do not hurt as much when I am finally able to go.

I would like to know what I can do cause I know taking laxatives on a regular basis is not a good thing. My brother also died of Colon Cancer and it scares me, as I was told I was at a 80% risk of getting it, and I am now the same age he was when he died.

Any suggestions? I am a single mom and I want to be there for her when she finishes school, gets married, and makes me a grandmother again.

Thanks

Lady Aryana[/QUOTE]

flipfleury 07-09-2011 12:38 AM

Re: Back and Left side Stomach pain

[QUOTE=LadyAryana;4795728]Hello everyone,

Thanks

Lady Aryana[/QUOTE]
Try drinking at least 64 oz. a day of water and slowly increase your dietary fiber 25-35 grams a day. Try walking for 30 minutes or more a day as this helps things move through the colon faster and even helps to do this after a meal as this helps kick in peristalsis and give you the urge to go up an hour after eating and drinking. Then go sit on the toilet to have a bowel movement. If you take 10 slow deep breaths then on the 11 th slow deep breath hold it to the count of 15 and then slowly exhaling and keep doing this 3-4 times in a row and then start the 10 slow deep breaths until you have had a bowel movement. This actually helps you to have a bowel movement because it's relaxing your body,mind,and the anal and rectal muscles . I use this slow deep breathing exercises every day to have a bowel movement after I eat my breakfast. If you're using a fiber supplement make sure you drink another 8 oz. of water after you take the fiber supplement. I have had chronic constipation problems all my like as well as irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux and at one time an ulcer. If I don't eat enough fiber,drink enough water,and don't take time every day to sit on the toilet to have a bowel movement then I get constipated right away. I found this out the hard way when I strayed away from my daily routine for more than 2-3 days because then I didn't take the time to have a daily bowel movement and I ended up being constipated and making it very painful to have a bowel movement without straining and forcing it out. If you go more than 2 days in a row without a bowel movement I suggest using a glycerin suppository to soften the stool inside your rectum. Drinking warm prune juice and eating 6 stewed prunes gets your bowels moving again usually within several hours of drinking and eating prunes. I hope this will help you to resolve your constipation problems .