It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• ASCA & pANCA positive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
    Julian18
    (male)

Julian18 HB User
    ASCA & pANCA positive

Posted Today, 02:52 PM

Hello,

I am new to this site and would sincerely appreciate any of your thoughts and input regarding my current situation because I do not know who else to turn to!

Brief history:
    Suffered from diarrhea (watery, clear,urgency (was running to the bathroom 6+ times a day) from 2005-2006
    Colonoscopy in 2006 (no inflammation detected, dx IBS)
    Alternated diarrhea and constipation from 2006-2009.
    Black stools w/blood in 2007, endoscopy showed several gastric ulcers which were treated and I was released.
    After I finished undergrad in 2009, my stomach settled down and I had normal bowel mxovements until 2011.

Had some sort of stomach virus in April. Lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Endoscopy done to rule out ulcers. No ulcers detected in stomach/duodenum. H-pylori biopsy negative. Symptoms improved and gained weight back.

8 weeks ago the real trouble started, as I have since been getting sharp pains in my lower abdomen that are unrelieved by bowel movements. I wake up at night 4-5 times a week with cramps and gas pains but passing gas does not help(pains move around a bit but stick for several hours).

GI doctor ordered an IBD panel 2 weeks ago, I TESTED POSITIVE for both Atypical ANCA (1:80) and ASCA IgG but negative for Celiac and ASCA IgA. He said I might have IBD but would have expected that I have more diarrhea prominent symptoms. My stools are soft and I have increased urgency, but I only go twice a day and it is mixed soft and hard stools. He sent me home with Align and Amitiza andtold me he would treat it as IBS for now. The pain has not decreased in the past week. It gets worse a few hours after I eat.

Is anyone else positive Atypical ANCA and ASCA IgG? I have done research online and it seems very rare (and potentially very serious). Sorry for this lengthy post. Thank you all so much for your input. I am very scared right now but I want to educate myself as much as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread