It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Fissure not healed 7 weeks post op, is something wrong?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
    Dany009
    (male)

Dany009 HB User
    Fissure not healed 7 weeks post op, is something wrong?

Hello everyone, I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

I'm a 25 year old male, lots of problems with hemorrhoids in my past, but in March I got an anal fissure for the first time. It hurt a lot, came and went but always came back, nothing seemed to heal it for good, blablabla you've heard this story before. Finally my CRS suggests surgery, I say, sign me up. LIS and fissurectomy (though from the way he described it I'm not sure he actually removed the fissure, just scar tissue) in the first week of August.

It hurt a lot, plus there was an extremely nasty complication. Neither my doctor or I knows why exactly, but the surgery gave me an enormous thrombosed external hemorrhoid. I had to go back in a few days later for him to excise it and I guess because of the surgery which had just been done he couldn't inject anesthetic anywhere but directly into the hemorrhoid itself. Having a needle stuck into that thing felt akin to the Cruciatus Curse. Anyway, he cut it out, I took two weeks off from work (glad I did, any less I wouldn't have felt comfortable with) and then the pain began to subside, slowly.

By two weeks ago I was feeling really good. I thought I might be totally healed. There was still occasional soreness here and there but none of the horrible spasm type pains I had felt before, I figured whatever minor discomfort I was still feeling was due to the surgery, not the fissure. I headed to the CRS for a follow up last Monday, very excited to have him prescribe me healed.

Nope. He takes a look at goes "hmm...have you been keeping your stools soft?" Yes, absolutely. "Because it doesn't look like it's completely healed. I'm not sure why." Arrrgggghhhh... He tells me I need to eat fiber, drink water, etc. etc. I already obsess every meal of every day about this. He tells me to add Colace. So I'm doing that now, but I'm not confident it will make a huge difference.

I don't know if it was due to his examination or coincidence, but the following week it starts bleeding again and hurting a little more when I go to the bathroom. Damn it. The pain most of the rest of the time is usually non-existent, so it's not a big deal at the moment. But if it doesn't heal at some point, I'm extremely worried that the scar tissue will build back up and I'll begin having horrible pains again.

Are these worries founded? I just want this f*cking thing to go away once and for all. If it hasn't healed by now does that mean the surgery is a failure? Or are the conditions down there going to remain as such that healing could still take place? I'd really appreciate anyone's perspective on this. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
    jlopez81
    (male)

jlopez81 HB User
    Re: Fissure not healed 7 weeks post op, is something wrong?

WOW! I'm in a similar situation. I had my sphincterotomy in september. About a month later i seriously thought i was completely healed. Then... BAM!! it starts to hurt again. Luckily i had a followup with my doc the following week. Sure enough, he tells me i have some hemorrhoid flareup and its causing a small fissure. totally sucks....again. He prescribed nitro ointment, and hopefully this helps again. Although, i did take a mirror and some acrobatic maneuvers to see the fissure for myself. This sucker looks big, not "small" as the doc has said. But, again, they always get worse before they get better.

I am also still diligent on my fiber and sitz baths (the baths help with the swelling).

I hope you get help soon.

I've searched around websites and have ran across botox and nifedipine ointment as a possible help.

Closed Thread