It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Rectal mass

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
    Hubbysmass
    (female)

Hubbysmass HB User
    Question Rectal mass

I need advice bad and opinions ASAP my husband had his first colonoscopy at age 51 today and the dr said he found a mass in his rectum and he thought it may be cancerouse now this dr I do not know and have been told he always states the worst case senecio to everyone and is very arrogant but anyhow he says it's near his anal opening and when my husband go to the bathroom he said it feels like he has a big bowl movement and just can't get it out he has a little bleeding after a BM but that could be hemoriods as well I need opinions from people who have experience or knowledge of this he had no other symptoms what do you think? The dr did say it needed removed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
    Re: Rectal mass

Hello,

I know that's frightening to hear. However, I would get a second opinion. My colonoscopy in 2010 revealed a mass inside my rectum, too. It scared me to death.

I scheduled outpatient surgery immediately. Thank God it was benign. It was aprolapsed hemorrhoid the size of a smaller fig.

For safety's sake, IMO, take his test films of colonoscopy to get another opinion and suggestions of where to go from here. Again, it may be something as simple as a prolapsed hemorrhoid. But, it's better to be safe than sorry. I hope you find answers soon.

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 09-26-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: clarity

Old 09-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
    Hubbysmass
    (female)

Hubbysmass HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhistleDixie View Post
    Hello,

I know that's frightening to hear. However, I would get a second opinion. My colonoscopy in 2010 revealed a mass inside my rectum, too. It scared me to death.

I scheduled outpatient surgery immediately. Thank God it was benign. It was aprolapsed hemorrhoid the size of a smaller fig.

For safety's sake, IMO, take his test films of colonoscopy to get another opinion and suggestions of where to go from here. Again, it may be something as simple as a prolapsed hemorrhoid. But, it's better to be safe than sorry. I hope you find answers soon.
    Did the dr say he thought it maybe cancerous? The first dr that is?

Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

He thought it looked suspicious and wanted it biopsied. It was too large to remove during colonoscopy (unlike a polyp). I got a second opinion who said it needed to come out asap, and performed the removal in surgery that afternoon.

You never know. Please don't delay in getting a second opinion for your husband. Either way, it needs to be removed. If malignant, you don't want to give it time to metastasize.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
    Hubbysmass
    (female)

Hubbysmass HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhistleDixie View Post
    He thought it looked suspicious and wanted it biopsied. It was too large to remove during colonoscopy (unlike a polyp). I got a second opinion who said it needed to come out asap, and performed the removal in surgery that afternoon.

You never know. Please don't delay in getting a second opinion for your husband. Either way, it needs to be removed. If malignant, you don't want to give it time to metastasize.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
    The dr said it was pre cancerous and not cancerous and in his opinion when they take out the entire mass he sees it being cancerous. How can a piece of it not be cancerous and another piece be cancerous? I think he's just trying to scare us! Which is really messed up then to top it off he says we needed to see a surgeon and anyone with common sense knows thy the surgeon needs a Ct scan and a certain type of blood work done! So I took it upon myself to request it to be done I think we landed ourselves a quack that likes to torture people! Luckily my profession is in the medical field or we'd be scared sick and screwed! Thank you so much for your advice Hun and I'll keep you posted the ct. scan is Thursday the consult with the surgeon is Friday and the blood work was yesterday then to tip it off this quack sets up an appt. to review the ct. scan Monday when I'll have the ct disc with me to the appt. Friday with the surgeon I'm not waiting till Monday and honestly he's not a surgeon why does he even need to go over the ct scan with us Monday? Oh yeah I know why to blow smoke up out hinys and scares us even more well he's made enough money draining our insurance and scaring us!

Old 11-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
    fran920
    (female)

fran920 HB User

Pathology results will tell. Until then, believe in the best outcome!

Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

Hello again Hubby...Just touching base, hoping for some good news about your husband. I fear that your lack of recent post indicates obstacles in treatment. Sending you hopes and prayers of healing. Please let us know as you are able=)

Closed Thread

Tags
    colon, colon cancer, colonoscopy, rectal bleeding, rectal mass