HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Bowel Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/)
-   -   So confused! Stressed! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/964138-so-confused-stressed.html)

Cinna1234 09-29-2013 07:45 PM

So confused! Stressed!

This is my first time posting... So here goes. About six weeks ago one night I had terrible diarrhea and terrible pain. It actually woke me from my sleep. But the wired thing is my diarrhea was the color of the red velvet cupcake I ate earlier. (Tmi I know) but any. The next day I had soft stool with pus and mucus and the same stools followed for the next week. When I did start forming it was really greasy with I digested food. About two weeks after that my eyes started to bother me (dry eye, sensitivity to light, veins). Then I started experiencing numbness and tingling in head. Went to PCP because my throat was on fire had pressure and fluid in ears. Gave me antibiotic and Allegra D. Finished both of those. He said it's probably IBS. But I'm in disbelief. Right before I ate that night I had a normal bowel movement. I just don't know what to think. Could it be parasites or something else. Had cbc thyroid and liver test.

Power on 09-29-2013 08:59 PM

Any chance you had food poisoning? IBD or IBS cannot be diagnose without a colonoscopy. Your colon is inflamed hence the mucus in the stool
Have you been taking any probiotics? If your diarrhea continues you could talk to your dr about antispasmodic drug to return your stool to normal.

Cheers

Cinna1234 09-30-2013 06:23 AM

Re: So confused! Stressed!

[QUOTE=Power on;5227973]Any chance you had food poisoning? IBD or IBS cannot be diagnose without a colonoscopy. Your colon is inflamed hence the mucus in the stool
Have you been taking any probiotics? If your diarrhea continues you could talk to your dr about antispasmodic drug to return your stool to normal.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Could food poisoning last this long? No I haven't taken any probiotics. Right now as I type my stomach is making weird noises. I haven't had a full nights sleep in 2 weeks

solofelix 09-30-2013 07:33 AM

Hi,
It could be a reaction to the dye in the icing on the cupcake.
It's even possible you have H.Pylori. I think you should go back to your dr and ask for further tests to see what is going on, Gerd can also cause similar symptoms to yours but you need an Endoscopy to see what the problem is.

Solofelix.

solofelix 09-30-2013 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=solofelix;5228057]Hi,
It could be a reaction to the dye in the icing on the cupcake.
It's even possible you have H.Pylori. I think you should go back to your dr and ask for further tests to see what is going on, Gerd can also cause similar symptoms to yours but you need an Endoscopy to see what the problem is.

Solofelix.[/QUOTE]

A Colonoscopy would be advisable also!!...

Cinna1234 09-30-2013 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=solofelix;5228058]A Colonoscopy would be advisable also!!...[/QUOTE]
Okay, is Hpylori something I could contract. I called my dr. And told him I wasn't feeling any better he told me to come in today after work. So I'm gonna ask about the different test. He was quick to write me off for IBS. But he didn't do and test besides the normal blood test.

Cinna1234 09-30-2013 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=solofelix;5228058]A Colonoscopy would be advisable also!!...[/QUOTE]

I spoke with my doctor, he told me I could come in today so I'm gonna ask about further testing.

Power on 09-30-2013 07:38 PM

Any updates Cin?

Cinna1234 09-30-2013 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=Power on;5228286]Any updates Cin?[/QUOTE]

Not really he just took more blood. He ordered a cmp not sure why. I guess I should have asked but I was just a little disappointed. He's gonna call with results. I guess we'll go from there. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks!!!!

Power on 10-01-2013 07:05 PM

Cinna I feel for you you've got to make a list of question so when you go to the the Dr you don't blank out or forget it's very disappointing when you you leave
The Dr without nothing not even what the plan is

Cinna1234 10-01-2013 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=Power on;5228601]Cinna I feel for you you've got to make a list of question so when you go to the the Dr you don't blank out or forget it's very disappointing when you you leave
The Dr without nothing not even what the plan is[/QUOTE]

And that's exactly what happened I went blank and I don't know why.

Power on 10-01-2013 10:10 PM

I hate that I know the feeling it's like some white coat something I have the worst time I even make notes in my phone and still forget oh well

flipfleury 10-05-2013 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=Cinna1234;5227959]This is my first time posting... So here goes. About six weeks ago one night I had terrible diarrhea and terrible pain. It actually woke me from my sleep. But the wired thing is my diarrhea was the color of the red velvet cupcake I ate earlier. (Tmi I know) but any. The next day I had soft stool with pus and mucus and the same stools followed for the next week. When I did start forming it was really greasy with I digested food. About two weeks after that my eyes started to bother me (dry eye, sensitivity to light, veins). Then I started experiencing numbness and tingling in head. Went to PCP because my throat was on fire had pressure and fluid in ears. Gave me antibiotic and Allegra D. Finished both of those. He said it's probably IBS. But I'm in disbelief. Right before I ate that night I had a normal bowel movement. I just don't know what to think. Could it be parasites or something else. Had cbc thyroid and liver test.[/QUOTE]

I read your first posts and the subsequent ones. Get a referral from your primary care doctor for a Gastroenterologist. IBS can be diagnosed with a lower G.I. series test( aka: a barium enema) but you also should have a rectal exam so the doctor can feel for any abnormalities. You also should have a endoscopy to check for acid reflux and Barrett's esophagus
Here are the most common symptoms of IBS: bloating, constipation, diarrhea, gassy, severe abdominal cramping(colon spasms), alternating between constipation and diarrhea, feeling of incomplete evacuation, sometimes rectal pain. Less common are: breaking out in a sweat when moving your bowels( usually happens when your straining to move your bowels because you're constipated feeling like your going to pass out while moving your bowels, nausea and vomiting. I hope this is helpful.