It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• So confused! Stressed!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User
    Unhappy So confused! Stressed!

This is my first time posting... So here goes. About six weeks ago one night I had terrible diarrhea and terrible pain. It actually woke me from my sleep. But the wired thing is my diarrhea was the color of the red velvet cupcake I ate earlier. (Tmi I know) but any. The next day I had soft stool with pus and mucus and the same stools followed for the next week. When I did start forming it was really greasy with I digested food. About two weeks after that my eyes started to bother me (dry eye, sensitivity to light, veins). Then I started experiencing numbness and tingling in head. Went to PCP because my throat was on fire had pressure and fluid in ears. Gave me antibiotic and Allegra D. Finished both of those. He said it's probably IBS. But I'm in disbelief. Right before I ate that night I had a normal bowel movement. I just don't know what to think. Could it be parasites or something else. Had cbc thyroid and liver test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
    Power on
    (male)

Power on HB User
    Any chance you had food poisoning? IBD or IBS cannot be diagnose without a colonoscopy. Your colon is inflamed hence the mucus in the stool
    Have you been taking any probiotics? If your diarrhea continues you could talk to your dr about antispasmodic drug to return your stool to normal.

Cheers

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User
    Re: So confused! Stressed!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Power on View Post
    Any chance you had food poisoning? IBD or IBS cannot be diagnose without a colonoscopy. Your colon is inflamed hence the mucus in the stool
    Have you been taking any probiotics? If your diarrhea continues you could talk to your dr about antispasmodic drug to return your stool to normal.

Cheers
    Could food poisoning last this long? No I haven't taken any probiotics. Right now as I type my stomach is making weird noises. I haven't had a full nights sleep in 2 weeks

Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
    It could be a reaction to the dye in the icing on the cupcake.
    It's even possible you have H.Pylori. I think you should go back to your dr and ask for further tests to see what is going on, Gerd can also cause similar symptoms to yours but you need an Endoscopy to see what the problem is.

Solofelix.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    Hi,
    It could be a reaction to the dye in the icing on the cupcake.
    It's even possible you have H.Pylori. I think you should go back to your dr and ask for further tests to see what is going on, Gerd can also cause similar symptoms to yours but you need an Endoscopy to see what the problem is.

Solofelix.
    A Colonoscopy would be advisable also!!...

Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User

Quote:
    Okay, is Hpylori something I could contract. I called my dr. And told him I wasn't feeling any better he told me to come in today after work. So I'm gonna ask about the different test. He was quick to write me off for IBS. But he didn't do and test besides the normal blood test.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User

Quote:
    I spoke with my doctor, he told me I could come in today so I'm gonna ask about further testing.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
    Power on
    (male)

Power on HB User
    Any updates Cin?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User

Quote:
    Any updates Cin?
    Not really he just took more blood. He ordered a cmp not sure why. I guess I should have asked but I was just a little disappointed. He's gonna call with results. I guess we'll go from there. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks!!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
    Power on
    (male)

Power on HB User
    Cinna I feel for you you've got to make a list of question so when you go to the the Dr you don't blank out or forget it's very disappointing when you you leave
    The Dr without nothing not even what the plan is

Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
    Cinna1234
    (female)

Cinna1234 HB User

Quote:
    Cinna I feel for you you've got to make a list of question so when you go to the the Dr you don't blank out or forget it's very disappointing when you you leave
    The Dr without nothing not even what the plan is
    And that's exactly what happened I went blank and I don't know why.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
    Power on
    (male)

Power on HB User
    I hate that I know the feeling it's like some white coat something I have the worst time I even make notes in my phone and still forget oh well

Old 10-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
    flipfleury
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cinna1234 View Post
    This is my first time posting... So here goes. About six weeks ago one night I had terrible diarrhea and terrible pain. It actually woke me from my sleep. But the wired thing is my diarrhea was the color of the red velvet cupcake I ate earlier. (Tmi I know) but any. The next day I had soft stool with pus and mucus and the same stools followed for the next week. When I did start forming it was really greasy with I digested food. About two weeks after that my eyes started to bother me (dry eye, sensitivity to light, veins). Then I started experiencing numbness and tingling in head. Went to PCP because my throat was on fire had pressure and fluid in ears. Gave me antibiotic and Allegra D. Finished both of those. He said it's probably IBS. But I'm in disbelief. Right before I ate that night I had a normal bowel movement. I just don't know what to think. Could it be parasites or something else. Had cbc thyroid and liver test.
    I read your first posts and the subsequent ones. Get a referral from your primary care doctor for a Gastroenterologist. IBS can be diagnosed with a lower G.I. series test( aka: a barium enema) but you also should have a rectal exam so the doctor can feel for any abnormalities. You also should have a endoscopy to check for acid reflux and Barrett's esophagus
    Here are the most common symptoms of IBS: bloating, constipation, diarrhea, gassy, severe abdominal cramping(colon spasms), alternating between constipation and diarrhea, feeling of incomplete evacuation, sometimes rectal pain. Less common are: breaking out in a sweat when moving your bowels( usually happens when your straining to move your bowels because you're constipated feeling like your going to pass out while moving your bowels, nausea and vomiting. I hope this is helpful.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ibs, parasites, vision