It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Post-Hemmoroidectomy --- Need some advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
    person02
    (female)

person02 HB User
    Post-Hemmoroidectomy --- Need some advice

Hi everyone,

I'm writing because I'm stressing, a lot. I had my surgery for what I'm assuming was just two external hems. Don't really know because my doctor left right after my surgery and I was told I'll receive the details at my check up in 2 weeks.

Day 1 was a breeze, took a pain pill and went to sleep. Day 2 not so bad, just a strange tight feeling in my anus all day. Day 3..... I've never actually wished to not exist on this earth more than anything in the entire world..... I cannot stress enough how important stool softeners, mineral oil, and a soft diet are prior to surgery. At least 3 days of this and you could have an unbelievable recovery. Had I been informed of this, I probably would've been 1 of the few who got through this horrifying surgery with little to no pain. However, not doing any of thisead me to Day 3 being a was between pushing like I'm trying to get an elephant through a doorway or metally deteriorating over the fact that I could feel immense pressure on my lower body from needing to have a BM.

So Day 3 ended with me being pretty positive I have a new external hem, god only knows what's going on inside.... I'm doing fine I suppose you could say, but why I'm writing is to not only vent, and share my experience, but to get some advice or at least some relief from someone who's experienced what I've wrote about so far.

My main concern is the fact that now that I've been taking Colace, Metamucil, Mineral Oil, Probiotics (Curelle), and eating very fiber enriched foods and a relatively soft diet, I'm having a BM at least 3x a day and always feel like there's more right there ready to come out but can't seem to push it out unless I strain ridiculously. It's really taking a mental toll on me. Also the muscle between my two private parts feel very tense and is protruding slightly enough to where I can feel it being tensed up. Is there any way to release that, I'm positive it's from my first BM pushing, but now it's so uncomfortable to the point that I can't tell if it's my next BM or just the constant tenseness of that muscle I aggravated.

Really my biggest concern is: has anyone pushed during a BM like I explained and had what looked like a new external hem and by the end of recovery it turned out to just be swollen tissue from the incision site?
    Please someone say yes... :(

Any advice or tips or experience pertaining to my post would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
    700Rider
    (male)

700Rider HB User
    Re: Post-Hemmoroidectomy --- Need some advice

Did you have a witch doctor do your surgery?

I don't want to sound judgmental but how do you go in having surgery and not know what you went in for? Did the hospital give you any directions on what to do post-op?
    If my doctor didn't come talk to me before and after my surgery I would flip out on the guy! Once your better I would find out who to talk to at the hospital board and what a disgrace your doctor was.

On to your concern. As far as pushing goes, I didn't and don't try to push after my surgery, yes a little but only when I felt like when there was something half out.

I think almost every time I went I felt like I had more to come out right away. If you don't have one, have someone go buy you a sits bath immediately! I was only using them to soak 3 times a day as directed by my doctor but after my last extremely painful BM I started soaking when I'm having a BM and it does help dramatically! It really relaxes the muscle and tissue around the anus and it also helps with getting that last little bit out even without pushing sometimes. Clean up is a pain in the butt sometimes but it really really made it easier. After any BM, I immediately soaked in a tub of warm/hot water and relaxed my entire body.

Check out my post on here for more helpful info, it's titled Hemroidectemy its coming!

Good luck, hope you start feeling better.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-12-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
    person02
    (female)

person02 HB User

I know, my doctor had great credentials but terrible bedside manners. He took a look before I went I to surgery and said okay were removing two externals and once I see what I'm working with inside I'll go from there. Prior to surgery day he said he couldn't tell what else there was to be taken care of until an under anesthesia exam was done. And once in the recovery area the nurses just gave me post-op instructions. Very general, basically just telling me what to take and if I had any further questions contact his office.

I have the bath and have been having to do all my BMs in it. I'm just kicking myself now for pushing as much as I did in the beginning. Guess it's my own stupidity to blame in this situation.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
    700Rider
    (male)

700Rider HB User

Don't be to hard on yourself, you were not given enough information to deal with it and that's not your fault. You have enough to deal with now and there is plenty on here to read and get good ideas from.

Hang in there, hope your feeling better.

The Following User Says Thank You to 700Rider For This Useful Post:
    person02 (03-13-2014)
    Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 AM   #5
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

I'd recommend you go to a proctologist and let him examine the "bulge" you feel between your scrotum and anus. It may be nothing, but it may be a hernia. I would rather be safe than sorry. IF repeat surgery is needed to "fix" it, now is better than later. I'm sorry you weren't better informed. I would ask the proctologist to recommend a more suitable surgeon if the need arises. PLEASE get it checked out. It could simply be something that will heal on it's own, but I'd want to KNOW that for SURE. (HUGS) of support from one who truly understands your pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhistleDixie For This Useful Post:
    person02 (03-13-2014)
    Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
    person02
    (female)

person02 HB User

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. I've taken everything you've both said into account. I have an appointment for tomorrow to see the surgeon and see what's going on down there and what step 2 should be.

WhistleDixie --- I had done a lot of icing yesterday and the pressure I was feeling there went down significantly, talking to my father he thinks it was just the sphincter muscle I strained from my mistake. I am however going to make an appointment for that depending on what news I receive tomorrow.

Again thank you everyone. It's really nice to have a place with support from others who've gone through this. It's not easy venting in the real world to friends or family that just don't understand.

The following user gives a hug of support to person02:
    WhistleDixie (03-13-2014)
    Old 03-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

So happy to hear that you have an appointment right away. Peace of mind is priceless. You're right...It's good to be able to discuss these issues in anonymity. Our rectums are not exactly "stimulating" conversation topics in the "real" world. I've dealt with this so long, like my many severe health problems, that I can laugh about it. Say "hello" to my little friend=)

Please let us know what your appointment reveals. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    bowel movements, help asap, hemmorhoid, hemmorhoidectomy, surgery