It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• After Hemorrhoid surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
    sweetdoll
    (female)

sweetdoll HB User
    After Hemorrhoid surgery

Hey, I'm new to this forum. On Monday a dermatologist removed one hemorrhoid ( I had only one) with a scalpel. My hemorrhoid was approx. a pea size stretched like a skin tag. It did never hurt, bleed, nor itch. It seemed like it had increased in size, and I was worried to not being able to clean my rectum after passing the stool. I'm real clean, and so I decided to remove it. I had constipation on Tuesday, but was able to push with some straining on Tuesday evening. I was happy to get it out. When I showered I noticed a bump. Then I checked it in the mirror and discovered that there was another hemorrhoid developing out of the removed one. I have read that it's just a swelling and it may go away, but it bothers me now. I feel like it's rubbing when I walk or move. So, I am afraid that it will develop to a similar skin tag like hemorrhoid that can be only manually removed. I'm all my life real fit and healthy ( I eat good food - never processed food or sodas)! I do not wish to be restricted in my activities either. I'm putting hydrocortizone cream and I got one cream for hemorrhoids as well. I drink plenty...all my life, now even more than ever. I stopped drinking coffee. I do everything I can to be symptomless after the surgery. It is Friday by the way. Almost 5 days. You guys look like experts in similar situations. What should I do to prevent this new developing vein to disappear and not cause another ugly hemorrhoid? Another question is when can I start to have sex with my boyfriend? Unlike most of the people, my wound is not hurting as much, it's just uncomfortable to do stuff because I feel another lump is developing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
    700Rider
    (male)

700Rider HB User
    Re: After Hemorrhoid surgery

Well, I don't know that were all experts but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn recently! No seriously, were all here trying to share our symptoms, issues and best practices to help others out. Knowledge is power and most the info I got off this site I didn't get from my doctor or hospital before my hemorrhoidectemy.

If you haven't tried ice, I would try that and see if it is swelling and maybe it will go down. If not, schedule a follow up with your doctor to see if its a new hemorrhoid and address your concerns immediately. You seem to be getting enough water are you taking enough fiber in? What about fruits? I've found that taking a probiotic helped a lot with my digestive system and BM's.
    In regards to sex, well all I could say is you'll know when you're ready and should only do so when you feel your ready. Don't let your boyfriend convince you to if your still feeling mild discomfort down there because if anything you could make it worse and have to wait again and maybe even longer! If he can't be understanding well that's just to damn bad. My doctor told me to wait 2 weeks from my surgery( i had 3 externals and 2 internals removed), unfortunately I think my wife will have to wait longer than that and I'm at 11 days post-op and all I can think about is taking care of my wife and pleasing her but I know my body isn't ready yet.

Best wishes, hope I was able to give you something of help.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
    sweetdoll
    (female)

sweetdoll HB User
    Re: After Hemorrhoid surgery

oops, I just replied on the quick reply...it went lost. I'm not sure if you, 700Rider, got my reply. Thank you again for the encouraging message. Unlike many other people from these postings, my wound doesn't hurt me. However, last night I felt some itching, which I never had before. The after surgery lump is still there. I really hope I didn't strain another vein. It looks like the same vein of the removed hemorrhoid is swollen. But looks like a hemorrhoid. Anyhow, I have iced a bit, but it didn't completely go away. It reduced in size. I used Noni Leather over night. That seemed to take away the most swelling. I am also taking HemClear capsules. This is the first week. It has been one week since the OP, and I can feel the new lump rubbing when I walk or sit. I never felt that before. I'm real active. I don't have pain. If I start to work out, run and do strength training, will it get worse?
    I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days after the surgery and 5 days after the surgery. It didn't hurt, but it felt a bit awkward. Today on the 6th day, I was already able to relax more. He is not forcing anything. It's just that we are both super attracted to each other. Anyway, good luck with your post-op situation.
    I hope someone can give me some input on HemClear? Does that stuff work? What else can I do to reduce the weird after op lumps? I'm drinking tons of water, eating fruits and vegetables. Not too much problem with BM's right now. Thank you in advance for any new comments, suggestions, ideas, solutions...!

Closed Thread