It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• I'm going crazy with the neverending diarrhea... please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
    thatmainekid
    (female)

thatmainekid HB User
    I'm going crazy with the neverending diarrhea... please help!

Okay, so I'm a college student and went out Sunday night (the 23rd of March), and was fine all evening. I didn't eat or drink anything while I was out. When I got back to my dorm around 10pm, I had a couple little slices of pizza with a friend and then headed to bed. I was tired and cold and developing a migraine and after a while, I started feeling nauseated, which is pretty common when I have migraines and at around 2am, I ended up in the bathroom throwing up. I figured it was just because of the migraine, nothing big.

But then there was the ridiculous stabbing pain in my stomach that caused me to leave class early on Monday morning. I figured I'd be fine though and that it was just leftover from the vomiting, and I had kept a light breakfast of fresh fruit down so later on Monday afternoon around 4pm, I ate a sandwich. It's now 9am on Wednesday, and I haven't eaten since, nor do I have any appetite. I thought about food poisoning, but I've had food poisoning before and never experienced any pain with it, just vomiting. My friend who ate pizza and a sandwich with me didn't get sick, either.

My biggest problem is the neverending diarrhea that's been going on since sometime on Monday. Literally EVERY TIME I go to the bathroom, it just pours out of me, no prompting whatsoever. It's greenish/yellow in color and comes out of me like water and sorry to be gross, but it seems a little mucus-y. Sometimes I have the urge to go to the bathroom, but even if I don't, like right now, I could honestly go and sit on the toilet right this second and it would come out again. It's driving me nuts! I woke up this morning with wet sheets and pajama bottoms and it looked like some had leaked out of me while I was asleep.

I spent five hours at the ER yesterday because of the pain in my stomach. They didn't seem to care about that, or the diarrhea only about the nausea and vomiting. I had to remind them I was in pain and constantly having diarrhea every time they came in and said 'Oh, so you're having nausea and vomiting.' They did an ultrasound and said my gallbladder and all are fine, my blood work came back fine, and they said they're sending my urine to be tested further because it looked like there was some bacteria in it and if anything popped up, they'd call. They gave me some fluids in an IV and sent me home, no treatment for the pain. They said it looked like a virus, but didn't tell me what it could be. This is honestly like nothing I've ever experienced before in my life, but the diarrhea has GOT to end. It's driving me insane and I don't want to go back to sleep and having to keep washing my sheets and clothes or something because it won't stop.

Any ideas what this could be? What I should do since they didn't do a damn thing for me at the hospital yesterday? I'm not even sure this is the right board to ask on but please, if anyone has any ideas, at this point I'd be grateful for anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
    lilass
    (female)

lilass HB User
    Re: I'm going crazy with the neverending diarrhea... please help!

Can't help you except to say I have the exact same systems but I am a lot older. Dr trying different medications-am going for colostomy. I have just started using Imodium today-hope it works. Good Luck

Closed Thread

Tags
    abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting