It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Fissure at top of butt crack area

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
itburns2004
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Fissure at top of butt crack area

Out of nowhere i have about a one inch long crack on top of but crack area. Dr. Used silver nitrate and it looked good for a day but seems to be open. Scared and its painful. He said its so common. Never had this in my life and want advice on time it takes to heal and what worked for anyone who healed theirs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
rufous57
Senior Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Fissure at top of butt crack area

I hope your doctor advised that hard stools, straining from constipation, chronic diarrhea and various other types of trauma cause anal fissures. So plenty of fiber, 25-30 grams daily, 8-10 glasses of water, Citrucel or Metamucil if you can't get that much fiber from natural foods. Whatever you do, don't strain on the toilet! These little bits, plus a combination of lidocaine to help kill the pain and a compound of Nifedipine and sitz baths helped mine to heal! You want to get it healed early, if it gets chronic, +/- a year or so, then you might need the LIS surgery.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
itburns2004 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
sootmister
(male)

sootmister HB User

I have had this and was given diltazem ceam to cure it and lidocane to ease the pain, the cream took a while to work but eventually it went then returned it is extremely painful as you know, I went in for botox injections which worked for about two months and now it has just returned again,i have had two bowel operations in the last two years to remove parts of the large bowel due to divaticulitus wether this has a part to play im not sure, but am looking to see my doctor this week for further options, good luck and I hope you get cured

Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Sweeter0
(female)

Sweeter0 HB UserSweeter0 HB User

Hey there. I'm a new member to health boards so I hope I'm not asking any silly questions. I'm just curious if I misread or misunderstood something. When you said you had this one inch crack at the top of your butt crack, are you meaning near the anus or are you talking about the area just below your middle back where the crack of your butt starts. Like a plumbers butt crack. Lol. Is that the area? Reason I'm asking is because about two years ago I noticed and started getting horrible rash in this area at the top of my butt crack and sometimes it would get worse and other times I wouldn't notice it as much. But sometimes it would flare up and it would cause it to itch and if I scratched it it would start to bleed lightly. Anyways my point is I remember my dearly departed mother saying to me once that her father (my maternal grandfather) used to suffer psorriasis just like me. And I remember her telling me that his was much worse than mine and that he had it especially bad in that area. So here I am, about twenty years later from hearing that story and I now notice this same concern in that same area. Although I've not had a doctor check it out, I just assumed as I do have psorriasis on my face elbows and knees that now I have what my grandfather did. Hopefully that's all it is. The cream I use for my face I started putting some on that area and it has helped. I just always seem to forget to use it all the time. Hope this helps and if I have the wrong area in mind then I don't know. Perhaps from constipation and or straining or something else. Wish I could be of better help or maybe I just made you think of another possibility. I hope you feel better soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sweeter0 For This Useful Post:
itburns2004 (10-22-2014)
Reply Reply