It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Pinworm treatment success?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
aussiemom1
(female)

aussiemom1 HB User
Pinworm treatment success?

Hi,

We have been battling pinworms (or threadworms) for over two months despite taking prescribed meds (4 doses now) and following all hygiene precautions excessively/like maniacs, in the home and at school. We are also using some natural remedies (garlic, wormwood, parasite cleanse, drinking vinegar, clove tea, probiotics, pumpkin seeds, coconut) and a very low sugar diet. I wear a mask and plastic gloves to clean. I've stripped and laundered the sheets, along with all towels and bedwear every day for over 2 months and am freaking exhausted. We actually just throw out our underwear after we wear it. We handle all used sheets, towels and clothing as though they were contaminated with Ebola. We use space heaters and open blinds so everything in the house is warm and well-lit, which supposedly helps kill off the eggs that have made their way around the house. The worms stay gone for 4-11 days at a time and then they are back.

I've noticed that it is easy to find messageboard posts by people who have NOT been successful treating their pinworms, but surely someone, somewhere on earth, at some time has gotten rid of these things, right?
I would love to hear ANY success stories, not just to find out how you did it (though any intelligent tips would be appreciated!), but for some encouragement. I need a glimmer of hope.

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bowel, parasites, pinworm infection