It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

I can't poop! Hard stool! WARNING - Long detailed description, not pleasant

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
nrc1208
(male)

nrc1208 HB User
Exclamation I can't poop! Hard stool! WARNING - Long detailed description, not pleasant

Hello everyone! Thanks for opening this thread and possibly offering some advice. First I have Crohn's Disease and my boyfriend has Ulcerative Colitis. (A match made in hell) so we are no strangers to irregular bowl movements. But recently it's got really bad. I have not gone to the bathroom in about a week maybe 8 days, I didn't even have the urge. (Honestly, this il has happened before but not ended as painful as it did this time)
Then when I did have to go, I couldn't! I was to big and to hard to come out. I've had to stain in the past, like REALLY strain. But NOTHING like this before. I tried everything I could think of in the moment to help it pass. I put my feet up on a stool to elevate them and straighten out the passage and it helped a little but not much. I had to push on the sink counter next to me and the window seal on the other side of me to force it out and to withstand the pain. It took forever but it came out. I would nit of been surprised if butted every bluff vessel in my eyes. I was so light headed after and extremely week. But after a week of brewing it was so dense it would not flush because it was as hard as clay. Not pay doe, clay! Like the pottery clay we used in high school. I only know this because I had to break it up with the stick end of the toilet brush for it to even flush. The amount was unreal! But what was even more shocking, I did the same exact thing the next day! Same amount, same straining and everything. It was so painful both times. I got hemoroids and there was tissue tearing so there was blood.

I believe this was caused by medication I had been taking for pain, because they are known for stopping you up. And I eat regularly, and rather healthy too.
2 days after this, I had to go again, but this time I was at work. I had gone 3 times at work, all times were substantial amounts and just as painful. I'm glad no one else was in the bathroom because they would of heard me, hell ppl outside probably heard me straining moaning almost screening in pain. The sound I imagine a mother makes when giving birth, no joke. I am not exaggerating, I lost 10lbs in these 3 days.

So you may be saying, that was a great story, with too many details, so what's the problem? Well, my boyfriend is going thru the same thing now. He is ALWAYS in the bathroom for 30-60 min at a time. It kills me, I don't understand. I feel like he just goes there too get away from ppl in the house, and play games on his phone. But I do believe he has bathroom issues. He is currently blocked up like I was. But, try to understand, I am a slim build. He is even slimmer! He asked me to feel something on his abdomen and it was a hard lump. My first thought is TUMOR. So I freak out! He assures me it wasn't there before and it's not a tumor but it is uncomfortable and a little painful. He refused to go to hospital. That was yesterday. Today, he had me feel his other side, below his stomach, and there is another hard lump, just like the one on his right side. I am convinced this is the hard stool! Ive never been able to feel this before in myself, or on him, right through the belly! It's like his intestines are full of hard clay-like stool This scares me!
What do we do? ! Please don't just recommend the ER, he won't go.

He told me, and I actually tried this myself, when he was trying to go and couldn't, it felt like it was partially out but wouldn't go any father, trying to pull it out manually. (Yes I was that desperate) For me, it didn't work because it felt a lot farther out that it actually was. I think that's what he said too, as to why that didn't work.
As for me, my bowels are emptied for the most part and I'm going to start taking softeners everyday REGARDLESS. But he is still very full of ****. (In every sense of the word ha)

Would an enema work? He had been taken softeners the last couple days but I dont think that helped.

Sorry for the long drawn out story but I thought the back sorry would be useful to give advice. I dint think I left it anything. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
suggi
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Re: I can't poop! Hard stool! WARNING - Long detailed description, not pleasant

Both of you should see your doc for advice or you will end up like me -- I now have an anal prolapse from straining and that is no fun esp. when you end up in the shower washing your insides that are sticking out and then they are sore. I am allergic to Vaseline and almost everything so I use Alba Unpetrolatum Jelly when I have a problem with a gloved finger. Helps to lub inside and does not leak out (although from the prolapse I do have leakage from time to time as my muscle is not as tight as it was. I do not want surgery as it can make you incontinent.

Good luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
constipation, crohn's, hard stools, painful bowel movements, stool