It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

Whiplash Injury with Neuro Symptoms? What to do?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
doggydruel
(female)

doggydruel HB User
Post Whiplash Injury with Neuro Symptoms? What to do?

As an intro, I've had neuro symptoms as well as ear symptoms for a good while with no clear diagnosis, but tests I have taken have excluded MS and brain tumors, as well as inner ear issues and anything autoimmune. Nearly all tests have come back normal, though I still have a few to take. The only thing I do suffer from with certainty is migraines (MAV), which maaay explain my symptoms.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I went on a road trip, where the car rumbled a great deal. Upon exiting the car, I felt a bit dizzy and experienced a little ataxia, as well as what seemed to be tremors, a rumbing in my head, and a heavy feeling in my arms. I also had a bit of what seemed to be an absence seizure. Thought I only was extremely tired so I slept it off hoping I would be recovered in the morning.

In the morning I had a bit of vertigo. I fell over by accident but caught myself by my hand, which resulted in pain, more dizziness/lightheadedness, a rumbling sound in my head, and a crackling sound in the back of my head from the 'shockwave' of my hand hitting the ground. For the rest of the day, my left ear rang with any sudden head movements and felt very, very full. I also suffered a little bit of hearing loss in that ear. Jerking my head also resulted in blurred vision as well as little black or white dots in both of my eyes.

I remember going to sleep with a mild amount of pain in the back of my neck as well as my jaw, along with significant discomfort in any way that I rested my head. Touching my head anywhere had a dizzying quality to it, and ached to a degree. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle, or irritated the TMJ.

When I woke up, I realized my hearing was a little dulled, which is not unusual for me, but I also lost a bit of low frequencies. I got up then to take a shower when I looked at my face and realized it appeared someone had punched me in the jaw and that the jaw had receded, and it made my face appear a little disfigured.
Then things got somewhat scarier. I proceeded to take a shower; upon bending over to wash the back of my head, I touched the back of my neck and realized that it was completely numb. The shower water on the back of my head also felt weird. Around this time I also got a bit of mild nausea, and I realized that I would get a dull, radiating pain whenever my neck or jaw were touched.

I got out of the shower, and after a few minutes realized my left leg was going a little lame. Not necessarily numb and completely despondent, but it felt very weak and I had a bit of trouble walking on it. It wasn't long before this weak feeling progressed into my other leg and both of my arms. I started to feel woozy but still relatively cognitively intact, remember hearing my pulse really loud in both ears, and I felt a general sensation of feeling incredibly heavy.

For the rest of the day moving my neck too much, especially when looking down, could set off some or all of the above symptoms.

I am very worried about what to do. I have contemplated visiting the ER. I have an MRA tomorrow due to other concerns, but would it be wise to seek evaluation for whiplash given my experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
paromita87
(female)

paromita87 HB User
Re: Whiplash Injury with Neuro Symptoms? What to do?

Hi there!

Did you find any help. I am having some nueralagia damage on my face which has gotten aggravated after dental work.

I am looking for integrative medicine doctors to help me.

Please let me know what happened in your case. Many of the symptoms are similiar.

Thanks!
Mita

Reply Reply

Tags
whiplash