It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

how can i help my husband with his chemical imbalance

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
missy54ca
(female)

missy54ca HB User
how can i help my husband with his chemical imbalance

hi I need some advice my husband has a chemical imbalance in his brain and I'm not used to dealing with this kind of condition he is currently on meds for it but if he forgets to take his meds he will wander from my home in kentville to Dartmouth hitchhiking he wont call me for a while so it makes me worried about him and I was wondering if there is a reason for him to wander off like this he has done this 5 times he will stay as long as hes on his meds but if I forget to tell him to take them he will wander off and hes not the same person when he isn't taking his medication what can I do to support myhusband with this and why does he wander so much? is there anything I can do to help him?
please I need help!

sincere wife

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: how can i help my husband with his chemical imbalance

Hi..you must be going crazy with worrying. What is the condition he's been diagnosed with and what meds is he on?

Does he have a regular doctor who treats him, and can you get in contact with him?

q

Old 07-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
missy54ca
(female)

missy54ca HB User

yes I have been but he has been calling me the last couple of days so I'm not worried as much. he has a regular doctor he sees his doctor every 2months to check in. he has a chemical imbalance in his brain one side is strong and the other side is weak. he was abused for 7 years when he went to school and they threw him up against the lockers and parts of his brain was pushed over so that's how he developed his chemical imbalance.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hope you have supportive care as well...not easy to deal with a situation as yours.

q

Old 11-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
alimaven
(male)

alimaven HB User

Hey missy54ca!
Still your husband facing chemical imbalance in his brain?

Reply Reply