It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

Are there any symptoms that can say 100% its from a mild traumatic brain injury?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #1
micky007
(male)

micky007 HB User
Are there any symptoms that can say 100% its from a mild traumatic brain injury?

hi
I hit my head and had a mtbi just over 3 years ago.i have not been the same since.the neurologist says after 12 months people usally get better.i have een off work since.my memory and concentration are bad.unable to do a kids jig saw etc...I would still looking at it for ages unable to process it.
I got mri/cat scan and all came back clear.
it seems when you google a mild brain injury,lots of people have problems years later.
I just don't no what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
micky007
(male)

micky007 HB User
is there any symtoms that can say 100% its from a mild tramatic brain injury?

3 years after the knock to the head were everything changed,my neurologist says "maybe " its a mental problems causing the problems.i went and seen a cbt therapist and he thinks the problems comes from the mild brain injury.
At least the cbt therapist is trying to get me to see an ocupional therapist for help with my memory and concentration.
then you read this about the NFL players and problems from a concussion that goes on for years.are the neurologist pretending this has not come put about all this?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #3
Noodles88
(female)

Noodles88 HB User
Re: is there any symtoms that can say 100% its from a mild tramatic brain injury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky007 View Post
3 years after the knock to the head were everything changed,my neurologist says "maybe " its a mental problems causing the problems.i went and seen a cbt therapist and he thinks the problems comes from the mild brain injury.
At least the cbt therapist is trying to get me to see an ocupional therapist for help with my memory and concentration.
then you read this about the NFL players and problems from a concussion that goes on for years.are the neurologist pretending this has not come put about all this?
Hi Micky007,

The memory and concentrations problems are due to the brain injury. My husband suffered a severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) back in 2010, his short-term and long-term memory were both affected, after a couple of years the long-term got better, the short-term did too but it took longer. It is frustrating, however if you have family or friends that are willing to help you it will make a big difference. His concentration is alright, he does get distracted very easily. He will write stuff down that he needs to do, etc so that way he won't forget.

He was in a rehabilitation place for a bit and they made him do puzzles learn the alphabet simple stuff like that. You just have to work on it, but take it slow, listen to your body (if it's telling you to take a break, then take a break).

I can't tell you how much you will get better, everyone recovers differently. Just try simple things and make sure you have support from family/friends.

Good luck with everything.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
40mills
(female)

40mills HB User
Re: Are there any symptoms that can say 100% its from a mild traumatic brain injury?

Quote:
hi
I hit my head and had a mtbi just over 3 years ago.i have not been the same since.the neurologist says after 12 months people usally get better.i have een off work since.my memory and concentration are bad.unable to do a kids jig saw etc...I would still looking at it for ages unable to process it.
it seems when you google a mild brain injury,lots of people have problems years later.
I had a blow to the back of my head & found that I now have hypopituitarism. First my endocrinologist tested all of my pituitary hormones & when he found them low on lab test he ordered a low dose acth stimulation test which is an outpatient test at hospital that takes an hr. That test showed that I had adrenal insufficiency & the growth hormone stimulation test was done at the same time showed I was growth hormone deficient. So every day I take hydrocortisone for adrenals and give myself hgh injections for hgh deficiency.

Just thought I'd share my experience with my head trauma & maybe something for you to investigate.

Hypopituitarism is considered a rare disease.

Last edited by 40mills; 01-29-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
JuJu Burd
(female)

JuJu Burd HB User
Re: Are there any symptoms that can say 100% its from a mild traumatic brain injury?

Quote:
hi
Micky007 - I hope it gets better with time. I suffer from Post-concussive Syndrome (PCS) which docs use interchangeably with TBI. I went through many neurologists who were clueless & just looked at me as a post-menopausal female over 40 with chronic headaches. Meanwhile I was drooling out the left side of my mouth, writing at a slant & my balance was getting worse day by day. I finally went to The Cleveland Clinic & the doc knew right away what was wrong with me just by looking at my 4 page symptom list! He told me that "we can re-train the brain". I'm holding on too that & you should too. It takes time, this is a marathon not a sprint so be kind to yourself.

Reply Reply