It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

Head Trauma 120 hours ago. A&E visit but no scan?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
Ljc1
(female)

Ljc1 HB User
Head Trauma 120 hours ago. A&E visit but no scan?

I hit my head extremely hard on Saturday night, 120 hours ago, it shook and took alot of weight, but no external blood ect.... it was more of a flat injury.... not a piercing injury (hope that makes sence). I had been drinking....
I can feel a very tender spot on the right side of my head. People with me said it was a very hard hit and I was monitered by people around me for 48hours. Headache, sleepy and feeling sick but I attributed this to q hangover more. I visited A&E after 72hours as I thought this isnt making much improvement. When I arrived they looked into my eyes... and did some tests ie push hard here... make faces. The lady just said come back if it doesnt improve. So here I am 120 hours down the line.... it certainly isnt worse. And I have a headache amd sensitivity to light. Should I return for a scan?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 AM   #2
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Head Trauma 120 hours ago. A&E visit but no scan?

At this point, having had no complications, you are probably safely on the mend. You probably did get a mild concussion, and this will take a few days to get back to normal. Look out for abnormal sleepiness, irregularly sized pupils and vomiting, but you are probably past the stage where those symptoms would appear. Good luck, Sera

Reply Reply