It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

• Mild concussion

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #1
    dziehm
    (female)

dziehm HB User
    Mild concussion

I've had a mild concussion since Sunday 10/21 after hitting my head on a tree (walking my dog in the dark in a new park) and am still having symptoms. My headache isn't a normal one - it's more a strong pressure from the top of my head (where I hit it) down through my jaws. I have intermittent pain across my eyes (temple to temple) that I call a zap because it's quick. General lack of energy, irritable, and having a hard time concentrating.
    Monday-Wednesday I was off work; slept all day Tuesday and most of Wednesday. Yesterday went home early but couldn't sleep, though I did go to bed at 7:00 pm. My head still has the pressure feeling which is really annoying. I have no motivation today and just want to go home and stare at a wall. I'm not being productive at all - sitting and staring at my computer while I'm supposed to be working.

My Dr said it can take up to a couple of weeks to be back to normal but I'd love to hear some real-life experiences.

Appreciate any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply