It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Head Injury Message Board

• Head injury after a year with pressure??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
    Simplesam247
    (female)

Simplesam247 HB User
    Head injury after a year with pressure??

About a year ago I fainted on tile floor in band class. Along with fainting my foot got caught on metal percussion instruments and metal stands and a chair. Which, all weighed over 30 pounds. I passed out briefly and didn't want help. I fell asleep later that day in a class and was forced to call my mom about the situation. For some reason I didn't think it was serious so I refused to get medical help. I slept a lot over the week and also went to swim practice and competitions. I did go to an urgent care but they did nothing. They said my left side of my head was a big bruise and the right side had indents and scratches everywhere.I lost my appetite and felt nauseous. On top of that I got into a car crash a few months ago by rear ending someone. My head was thrashed around and also my head hurt after. I brushed that off because I had class to get to. After the first incident the right side of my head hurts so much! There is always a pressure in the area that had the scratches and the indents. I will get headaches with the head pressure several times a day and while I am laying down at night. I will always feel the head pressure but at different times it will get bad and at other times it will be calm. I do not feel like myself anymore also. I feel like my school work and grades have gone down because of this. I DO HAVE A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT in two days with my primary doctor because, the situation is only getting worse and I thought that the head pain and pressure would be gone by now. Even when I get my hair touched up with some hair dye at a salon, the right side area hurts and the pain and pressure make themselves known when it gets to that area. I also lived abroad in Germany and drank alcohol there which, might have not been a good decision with my head. Can anyone tell me what to expect from my doctors visit? Or has had similar experiences? Or what this might possibly be? I know not to self diagnosis myself on the Internet but, at this point I am totally freaked out. I am also a female, active, I did play varsity sports, and I am 19. I was almost 18 when this happened.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    brain, concussion, head injury, head pain, head pressure