It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Weird reaction to alcohol. Anyone experienced this before?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
    george5030
    (male)

george5030 HB User
    Weird reaction to alcohol. Anyone experienced this before?

hey guys I'm so glad I found you. So long story short I'm a college student and I've been drinking since high school. I can say I was never an alcoholic, I never drank daily nor craved drinking as how alcoholics usually do. Right now I'm 20 and just moved to Canada a year ago. On the last 5 months before January I started drinking 2 or sometimes 3 times a week. Most of those times were binge drinking, never to the point of blacking out but always getting drunk. I'm usually an anxious person but never to the point of taking medication for it. Anyway, right before christmas I binge drank for 4 days straight and the next day after drinking I was just chilling at my place when all of a sudden I began experiencing repetitive obssessive thoughts, paranoia feeling, some weird pression on my head, rapid eye movement, etc. I couldnt sleep at all that night and I woke up covered in sweat. I knew it was withdrawals and it freaked me out because it was the 1st I experienced something like that.
    Anyway, next week after that I went out with my friends and decided to have some beers again. I didn't drink as much as I didnt get drunk, so next day I experienced the exact same thing as the week before.

This made me stop drinking cold turkey and havent had a zip since then but summer is comming and I'm afraid that what I experienced was kindling. I've never been a serious drinker so I was wondering if the small time of heavy drinking I had could trigger such a brain damage for me? I know this happens with people with longer periods of heavy drinking or simply more serious situations? I'm just wondering because is not like I'm craving to drink but having just a couple of beers in moderation shouldnt be a problem, Im just afraid I mighr have done permanent brain damage. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    alcohol withdrawal, anxiety, insomnia, night sweats, paranoia