It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Im so scared! Can someone please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
    Kelx44
    (female)

Kelx44 HB User
    Im so scared! Can someone please help!

Ive been suffering for 2 years after my son was born, Symptoms started 3 months after.... It started with twitches, neck pain, throat pain, numbness.

6 months ago it then progressed to Pulsating Humming in my right ear that corelates with my heart beat, numbness in my nose and check, tingling sensation in my check, base of skull pain, throat burning.

This last week: Pressure in my face and head while sitting or standing. When I look down while standing it feel likes SEVERE pressure in my sinuses and face, dizzy, nauseous, and a weird sensation of something in my throat and a bad metallic taste. Skull base pain and headache. When I look back up the symptoms go away bit. The longer I sit the more numb my face gets and it goes too my fingers. I also have popping/cracking noises in my ears and head when I'm upright. All my symptoms go away when I lay flat down and appear when Im up. What is this!!!!

Last edited by Kelx44; 11-05-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Im so scared! Can someone please help!

Hi....actually, initially it sounds as though it could be an issue with your neck and sinus infection.

But...it could be blood pressure, postural, upper back, sinus, etc. Or all or some.

Have you had a thorough check up and full blood and hormonal testing? Have you had a sinus swab, scan of head and neck?

I would assume that the possible body position movements of holding the baby will put pressure on all of the parts, muscles and nerves involved. But it is possible you had a viral or bacterial infection that is affecting nerves in that area.

Definitely ask to see an ent....

q

Last edited by quincy; 11-06-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
    Voldo
    (female)

Voldo HB User
    Re: Im so scared! Can someone please help!

Based on my own problems, I would think it's a intracranial pressure issue. The fact that it gets better when you lay flat makes me think you could have a spinal leak or something, so I would def. see a neurologist. It could also be migraines which can present themselves in really bizarre ways.

Closed Thread