It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

Early Dementia Signs at 23-Klonopin or Due to Other Illness?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Coyotesdawn

Coyotesdawn HB User
Red face Early Dementia Signs at 23-Klonopin or Due to Other Illness?

I am almost 23 years old and have been suffering from some kind of chronic neurological condition for the past 1.75 years. There is some possibility that it is lyme disease in the brain or an unusual autoimmune disease like autoimmune encephalitis, which I am currently getting assessed for.

Anyway, I have been struggling with dysautonomia, cervical dystonia, continuous migraine symptoms (mostly auras), fatigue, malaise, and dramatic changes in my alignment after each period. Early dementia has very abruptly been added to that list in the past couple of weeks, and I am getting really concerned about what could be causing it.

Some of my concern is also devoted to the klonopin I have been taking for the past year. I only take, and have only taken, 0.5 mg every day. Though the dose is small, I am still concerned that the potential for damage in long term use is great.
Nobody is supposed to stay on a benzo long term, and the people who put me on this under my will in the psych hospital have never monitored me long-term nor warned me of potential side effects. All of my doctors additionally dismiss klonopin as a cause or contributing factor.

Is the dose I am too small to cause widespread brain damage and cognitive problems, or could there be some potential in the drug?

I'd appreciate it if people with experience on benzos in the past comment here

Thank you for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
Joe02324
(male)

Joe02324 HB User
Re: Early Dementia Signs at 23-Klonopin or Due to Other Illness?

Your sx can definitely be due to the klonopin- ive read plenty of cases where similar sx have been experienced by benzo use - some due to withdrawal, othersdue to building tolerance to the dosage, kindling, etc.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-25-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
confusion, dementia, klonopin