It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

Strange symptoms?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2017, 02:52 AM   #1
CTnana
(female)

CTnana HB User
Strange symptoms?

About a month ago my started having twitches on my face, mostly eye and lip. That subsided and I started having a feeling like chills on my head, on one side or another. Then muscle twitches in my legs and hands, both sides, but not at once. Yesterday I woke up with a headache, not unusual because I have sleep apnea; but at one point in the morning I got the chills on the left side of my head but this time it spread to the left side of my face, felt like pins and needles, then like my face had been shot with Novocain. Went away after a while and took aleve for headache. No slurred speech or weakness and no drooping. I have been treated for recurring outer ear infections and sinus infections for almost a year. Every couple of months I have to take Ceftin for 10 days. I need to see ENT obviously. I have an appt with neuro on 9/17. Just really nervous about the chills feeling on head and what happened with my face yesterday. Also the muscles twitching, though it is not painful. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this sounds like? Googling is just freaking me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
Snoopy61
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
Re: Strange symptoms?

Hi Contestnana,

I would question the long term use of Ceftin as the cause to what you are experiencing. Antibiotics come with side effects just like any other medication.

Do you use a sinus rinse? If not you might try it as they can help reduce sinus infections.

When you see the Neurologist be sure to mention the usage of antibiotics (how much, what kind, length prescribed).

Last edited by Snoopy61; 09-15-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
CTnana
(female)

CTnana HB User

That's a good point and I will mention it. I'm mostly concerned about the symptoms being an immediate emergency but I am feeling ok today other than the chills on left side of head on and off.

The following user gives a hug of support to CTnana:
YaYagirl (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear Contestnana,

I suggest never doing random googling. The teaching hospital Mayo Clinic website is a reliable source of information.

However, the symptoms you have are most commonly caused by tension in the neck, back, shoulders and scalp. I have those symptoms frequently. Yes they can be 'shocking' pardon the pun. I get those symptoms a lot from the cockeyed way I stand.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-15-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
CTnana
(female)

CTnana HB User

Thank you so much. I feel so relieved and I am grateful that you took the time to respond. God Bless.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

You're very welcome, Contestnana! God BLESS you!

Reply Reply