It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Non-stop headaches unlike anything I've experienced before!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
    3Lauren
    (female)

3Lauren HB User
    Non-stop headaches unlike anything I've experienced before!

Little bit of a history from the past few months.

Towards the end of September, I was prescribed Citrolopram. I took one dose (half a 20mg) and went through the worst experience of my life. Palpitations, terror, panic, inability to breathe, acute anxiety - the lot. Words will literally never describe the hell I was in. I was eventually prescribed 5mg tablets of Diazapam.

Since then, I have gone through roughly 25-30 tablets, up until today (I have two tablets remaining). I sometimes go a couple weeks without taking them, sometimes a couple of days.

The 4th of this month, I got my depo-injection, this being the second time getting it.

Now for between three-four weeks, I have been getting agonising headaches. I have always suffered from mild headaches my entire life, I've learned to deal with them, I'm also a chronic migraine sufferer (blindness, vomiting, weakness, inability to speak, the whole she-bang), although I haven't had one in a year or so.

These headaches have been every single day. I take small paracetamol occasionally but after my experience with Citrolopram I have struggled with severe anxiety over taking tablets, so I can't handle taking them constantly.

They don't feel like tension headaches, or tiredness headaches.

I have been eating well, healthier than I probably have for years, the last time I had coffee (I used to drink copious, dangerous amounts as well as red bull) was the day I took Citrolopram, almost two months ago. I drink herbal teas and water all day and I'm extremely well hydrated. I get between 6-9hours of sleep every single night. I walk my dog three times a day, half an hour each time as well as see family or find something to do (I got a free 7-day pass at gym so have been occupying my time there as well).

I start a few job in a few days and I am stressing because these headaches are causing extreme anger and irritation to the point where it is driving a huge wedge between my partner and myself, as well as family members.

I just signed onto a new doctors, but it could take months to get an appointment with them. I need someone to just help a little, with some experience. Could the contraception be causing them? I got it last year, three rounds of it (9months covered) and had no headaches. When I got it again three months ago, I did not suffer headaches.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
    nexxus
    (female)

nexxus HB User
    Re: Non-stop headaches unlike anything I've experienced before!

The high histamine levels may also give you anxiety and breathing difficulties because your adrenaline is kicking in to counter the histamine. The headaches will be severe lik a migraine. Once you stop eating the foods that cause it, histamine levels will go down and headache will end. Food such as strawberries and even spinach are histamine foods. The list of foods you can no longer eat is enormous!

Reply Reply

Tags
    contraception, head, headace, medication, pain