It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

Help me! Undiagnosed symptoms. Losing hope.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Tiff3
(female)

Tiff3 HB User
Unhappy Help me! Undiagnosed symptoms. Losing hope.

Hello everyone,
Sorry for the long post, but I need help! Since July I have been so sick. Before I became sick, I was a healthy and active 24 year old woman who worked out in the gym everyday was a full time college student and worked part time. It all started with me becoming extremely weak, and every time I would stand up I would become very dizzy and my heart would race. I also was very nauseated, would break out into sweats, had body aches and sharp pains that felt like pins and needles sticking me all over. I thought maybe it was my blood sugar so I started to eat more before I went to the gym. When I was at work one day I felt like I was going to faint even though I had ate. I went to the ER and the doctor done a ton of blood work, CT scan of my head, EKG, and a chest x ray. Every thing came back normal except a little bacteria in my urine. The doctor said I was orthostatic because of my heart rate going up every time I would stand up so he gave me a couple bags of IV fluid and sent me home with an antibiotic. I thought my symptoms was due to the UTI, but I was wrong. I went to my family doctor and he done more blood work to check for other things like Lyme's disease and mono. He also ordered an echo of my heart and for me to wear a heart monitor for a month. The echo and blood work came back clear, except it showed I had active mono. This would be the 3rd time I've had mono in my life. Thinking that's why I was feeling this way I was relieved. I continued to wear the heart monitor over the month of August. My symptoms just kept getting worse. I went back to the ER again cause my heart rate was 150 and I couldn't even sleep. They done more blood work and tests, including an abdominal CT scan to make sure my spleen and liver wasn't enlarged due to mono. Everything came back clear. They gave me a coupe bags of IV fluid and some Ativan to help me sleep and sent me home. My symptoms only became worse. I couldn't sleep for days, my heart rate was going up to 200 bpm. My whole body was in so much pain and I began to have burning sensations. After my skin stopped burning, my whole body went numb. It started with my legs going numb and worked its way up my body. I also couldn't taste, smell, or see good. I hardly could put any weight on my legs. I literally had to hold to the walls to even get to the bathroom because I couldn't hardly walk. I thought I was going to die. My body felt like it was shutting down. I couldn't even eat because I was so nauseated. My doctor done more blood work to check for autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. He also checked my cortisol levels. Which all was normal. He ordered an MRI of my brain, and it came back normal. Gradually my sense of feeling, smelling, and taste came back. I still can't feel things like I used to. Nothing tastes the same either. Smells make me nauseated, even if its good smells. My personality as even changed. I can't hardly remember things anymore. I went from being a happy, social, and smart person to someone who has so much anger over everything, can't think or focus and hates to be around people. All my friends and family think itís just anxiety and depression, but I know something bad happened to me. I still feel horrible and weak all the time. I can't hardly get out of the bed. If anyone has any answers to my symptoms, please help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Help me! Undiagnosed symptoms. Losing hope.

have they ever checked your Vitamin D ?

Old 12-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
Tiff3
(female)

Tiff3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
have they ever checked your Vitamin D ?
Yes, my doctor did and it was on the low normal side like 38. I've been taking 50,000 units of vitamin D weekly, but I'm still having symptoms.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #4
ambershoes
(female)

ambershoes HB User

I'd like to let you know that your not alone! I came across your post and felt like I wrote it myself. I've went through the same tests and still no answers. Have you found out anything new since your last post? I hope you find relief soon.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
Stylist123
(female)

Stylist123 HB User

I'm sorry you're going thru this I know you're suffering. This might sound odd, but I cannot suggest strongly enough to see a rheumatologist if you haven't already. Your symptoms are so odd that I wouldn't be surprised if you were suffering from some kind of autoimmune disease. Most do not have a "test" you can take for a diagnosis. Rheumatologists are the doctors that diagnose autoimmune diseases. I wish I had known this years ago. I joined this website to share this information with you. Please see a rheumatologist. Let us know how it goes

Reply Reply