It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

Constantly feeling drunk but am sober

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
SoberlyDrunk HB User
Constantly feeling drunk but am sober

Problem: The best way I could put this is that I just feel drunk and I am 100% sober

Symptoms: Hazy/fuzzy vision (picture having 2 or 3 beers), slower thinking

How long: Two weeks

What I've done so far: Went to two general doctors. Both told me to get a work up, go to neurologist then opthomalogist. I went to neurologist and he has no idea of what's going on. He's treating me right now as if its a migraine and gave me Methylpredinsolone. I did take a brain MRI and some brain scan but I won't see the results for two weeks. Opthomalogist is next week so I won't know whats going on with that.

Have any of you felt this before? I'm curious as to if anyone has ever experienced and cured this. I don't want to feel drunk for the rest of my life. It is an extremely depressing thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 02-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Constantly feeling drunk but am sober

Hi soberly drunk.
I am glad you are seeing a neuro...what type of neuro is this? Do they have a specialty? Some neuros do specialize in migranes; other specialize in Motor issues, Parkinsons/ MS...some just do strokes...

The drug you are taking is a steroid; used to bring down inflammation. Did they explain why they are using this?

I felt like you did for a few days prior to having some new symptoms over a decade ago..the new symptoms included my eyes going fuzzy and then my hands going numb. My MRI showed damage to my brain; resulting in a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis. Not trying to scare you; but please do make sure that the neuro you see orders both a brain and spine MRI.. these two tests can really help definitively rule out this disease which is quite common.

Having lived with MS now for 13+ years, I can assure you, it has not affected my quality of life. No one even knows I have the disease unless I share it with them!

Please let us know how your test goes!
RRMS- dx 05

Old 02-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
captaingunman HB User
Re: Constantly feeling drunk but am sober

Are you an alcoholic?
Have you taken medications called benzodiazepines such as valium, klonopin and ativan, if so how long have you been taking these for?

Reply Reply