It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Worried about headaches and tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
    Kandi M

Kandi M HB User
    Worried about headaches and tingling

I had a sinus/cold problem about a week or so ago. I developed a headache from it and it has stayed with me since then even though the stuffy nose and everything has stopped. A couple of days ago my whole head started hurting but it was different areas at different times that would hurt. Actually it was more like pressure and tingling than it was pain. My temples and eyes were mildly hurting as well. I have not felt like myself since it started but I am not sure if that is from being so stressed out about it though. I freak out when I have anything happen to me! At times I feel a little off balance but not like I can't walk though..then again that could be from stress. Today I feel somewhat better but the top of my head feels like it is sunburned or something...it is tender to the touch. I did take some sinus medicine and that has helped some. I have been so worried that something is really wrong with me though. Does anyone know if this could by sinus problems or something else?????? Please help!!!

Kandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User
    Re: Worried about headaches and tingling

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kandi M
    I had a sinus/cold problem about a week or so ago. I developed a headache from it and it has stayed with me since then even though the stuffy nose and everything has stopped. A couple of days ago my whole head started hurting but it was different areas at different times that would hurt. Actually it was more like pressure and tingling than it was pain. My temples and eyes were mildly hurting as well. I have not felt like myself since it started but I am not sure if that is from being so stressed out about it though. I freak out when I have anything happen to me! At times I feel a little off balance but not like I can't walk though..then again that could be from stress. Today I feel somewhat better but the top of my head feels like it is sunburned or something...it is tender to the touch. I did take some sinus medicine and that has helped some. I have been so worried that something is really wrong with me though. Does anyone know if this could by sinus problems or something else?????? Please help!!!

Kandi
    It sounds like stress to me - Have you been under unusual stress lately?

Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
    Filmrobe

Filmrobe HB User

Kandi, having had sinus issues, it sounds like you should be getting a C-scan of the head region to detemine if you have sinus polyps (these are typically benign, by the way). If you do have sinus polyps,there is a well established surgical procedure to remove these. It is not a very serious problem, and the surgery is elective. Try out the simpler solutions to your symptoms, first, as you are doing, but definitely push for the C-scan if problem persists. P.S, I had the surgery --not to worry! Bob

Old 04-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
    etstanddie

etstanddie HB User

Anytime I hear about sinus pain. headache, neck pain. think of Giant Cell Arteritis. I would check it out. Your are probably too young, but it can be serious, especially if your blood pressure is high.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
    Kandi M

Kandi M HB User

Thank you so much for the replies! I have been under some stress I suppose. I changed jobs about a month or so ago. I had to take a pay cut and I have been pretty stressed about money. I wouldn't think that stress would cause all this though would it???? My headache and strange tingly/burning sensations in my head seem to come and go throughout the day. I have been really stressed about it being something serious though . I work at an MRI facility and I see patients all day that come in with similar symptoms and they are having brain scans to rule out any tumors. Most of them don't hve anything wrong with them but I guess it all has me kind of freaked out right now. What are the most common symptoms of a brain tumor?

Old 04-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #6
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Worried about headaches and tingling

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kandi M

Kandi
    Hello Kandi

How is your blood pressure? Sometimes when the pressure is up these symptoms will appear. I think it's just stress.........

Old 05-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #7
    jemaisch

jemaisch HB User

Hello Kandi,

Have you found out anything about the tingling and sunburn feeling? I am experiencing the same thing. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and now the top of my head hurts and tingles with sunburn feeling. My doctor sent me to get a CT Scan and everything turned out normal. I also went to a Neurologist and he said I probably had inflammation at the top of my head. No answers and still worried.

Old 05-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

the symptoms you are having are also symptoms of sinusitis and i think there is a little bit of anxiety mixed in hope this helps kelleigh

Old 05-03-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
    jemaisch

jemaisch HB User

Thanks. I am trying not to worry so much.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #10
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jemaisch
    Thanks. I am trying not to worry so much.
    no problem

Last edited by no patience; 05-03-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Old 05-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #11
    Kandi M

Kandi M HB User

jemaisch, I went to the doctor last week and he thinks it is either stress or sinus problems. He really doesn't think it is anything serious but I am still worried about it. The tingling feelings have stopped but I still get mild headaches every now and then. It usually starts in my temples and behind my eyes and then sometimes I will feel it on top of my head and at times at the back of my head. I have had some head congestion and my nose has been dry and was bleeding very mildly for a couple of days..only when I blew my nose though. One of my lymph nodes in my neck is a little swollen too. Maybe it is sinus problems and the tingling sensations may have been from inflammation. I have still been stressed about it though and I guess that doesn't help any!!
    Kandi

Old 05-05-2004, 06:06 AM   #12
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

It appears to me that your head is responding to all of the pressure from your sinus condition. It appears the blood vessels in your scalp are swelling up (does your scalp feel like there are tender ridges (swollen blood vessels)? When the blood vessels swell like that, the nerve endings can't take the pressure any longer, causing pain--even migraines. This can produce the headaches that you're feeling. It can affect the eyes, temples, and different parts of your head as you've described. You sound as though you're under age 50 so there's no concern for giant cell arteritis (also known as temporal arteritis causing sudden loss of vision). These headaches sound like migraines which can produce tingling as well. There are effective medications to abort them so you can continue working/functioning if they come on during working hours and allow you to operate equipment, even drive. If applicable for you, ask your physician about trying some samples.

Last edited by californiasunflower; 05-09-2004 at 06:39 AM.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
    queensowntalia

queensowntalia HB User

kandi, we really must have the same thing.. or soemthing close to it... I didnt mention in my last note but I was congested all winter long and my nose bled also only when i blew it. Sometimes there was quite a lot of blood too.. fortunately thats largely stopped now, it was scary for a while.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:06 AM   #14
    apriltones
    Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi, i get tingling in head and other parts and cant think of anything it could be apart from anxiety and stress as i suffer from this and depression. You would be surprised whAT STRESS CAN DO, hope i dont get told off for this but do a search on it and you be surprised if symptoms

Old 05-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #15
    Kandi M

Kandi M HB User

Thank you for your replies. The headaches have pretty much gone away. Once in a while I will feel a little tingle or some pressure in my head. I still have congestion though and I have been coughing up stuff. I guess since I am feeling better and most of the problems have gone away I am assuming that it is nothing serious.

Kandi

Closed Thread