It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Twitching vision/headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
    queensowntalia

queensowntalia HB User
    Twitching vision/headaches

A few times in the last couple of days I've had this thing where my vision seems to twitch for a second. Its very odd. Also I've had frequent mild headaches in various parts of my skull over the past couple of weeks. I talked to my doctor yesterday about the headaches and he thought they might be sinus or caffiene-related, but I dont know.. I didn't mention the vision thing.. its just freaking me out. Could it be a brain tumor?? Things to consider: I rarely get more than 6 hours a sleep a night so I'm chronically sleep deprived. Also at a stressful, crummy point in life. I'm hesitant to make another appointment with my doctor since I felt so stupid yesterday about going in for the headaches/nose congestion issues. I want to believe im being paranoid but i just dont know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
    Kandi M

Kandi M HB User
    Re: Twitching vision/headaches

I have also had mild headaches in different places on my head at different times. Sometimes it starts in my temples though and my eyes will feel sore and like there is pressure behind them. I was also having some strange tingling/pressure sensations in my head too...which really freaked me out. Oddly though the tingling/pressure feelings went away but I still get these mild headaches from time to time. I went to my doctor about it and he thought it could be sinus related or stress. He said stress could cause these type symptoms. I still worry over it though because I have read a lot about brain tumors and I am scared that maybe that is what is wrong with me. Sometimes though I think maybe I have read so much about tumors and worried over it that I have convinced myself that I have one. Everyone I have talked to has told me that tumors don't usually present themselves in this way though and that it is most likely stress or sinus problems. I feel like I am being over parnoid too but I feel lthat you have to take control of your own health and make sure everything is ok. So I think if you have concerns about your headaches and eye twitching then make another appt and express your concerns about it. If that doctor won't listen then maybe you should try going to someone else.
    Kandi

Old 05-05-2004, 06:30 AM   #3
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

What can you do to rule out if the possible causes are caffeine, sleep deprivation and the extra stress? Can you start by reducing your caffeine intake, cut down extra stressors, and try to get 8 hours sleep to see if the vision problem resolves? Are you taking any antihistamines or medication that might affect your eyes?

When you say your vision "twitches" are you losing vision momentarily?

If your vision problem advances to becoming blurred, then a visit to an ophthalmologist for eyes checked is warranted. If anything is going on, the ophthalmologist is trained to recognize it, will refer you for a medical workup and the appropriate specialty. How long has it been since you've had an eye exam?

Old 05-05-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
    queensowntalia

queensowntalia HB User

Thanks for the replies folks. Yeah ive kind of got tingly pressure stuff going on too, it sounds like you and i have a similar problem Kandi.

Lets see. I can try the sleep thing. The stress thing I can't do much about I'm just at a bad point in life at the moment, and things aren't looking to improve any time soon. The caffiene thing will be harder to do, but may be manageable.

As for the visiion twitching thing, its more like it feels like someone poked my brain or something. Lasts less than a second. Kind of like a beat was skipped somewhere. My gut tells me it has something to do with sleep depravation, but my paranoia tells me I've probably got something growing in my brain. *heh*

Old 05-05-2004, 07:28 AM   #5
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

I think an ophthalmology visit will do you the most good because that specialty can review your eyes for any signs that should be investigated. They will be apparent and you'll get more feedback than from your other physician that you saw recently.

Closed Thread