It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Internal Vibrating

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
    Frejya

Frejya HB User
    Question Internal Vibrating

Hi, this is my first time here...i'm pretty much freaking out that i might have ALS. Last year i noticed a mild vibrating in the pubic area (sorry) and it didn't last very long, so i shrugged it off. But i was also noticing other changes, like a strange drowsiness at night, and a slowing of my breathing, accompanied by a quick, sharp chest pain as i dozed off. i also would get an odd, gnawing, almost tickley feeling in toe or sometimes foot, always at night. Just recently, the vibrating has gone to my legs, and now sometimes my whole body. it can get pretty strong, like a motor idling. Also, that odd feeling in my toe (like the feeling you get when novacaine starts to wear off....inflammed, tickley feeling) started being in my legs and all over. Not as often as the vibrating though, which is almost everyday now. There are times that i feel weak and just real BAD. Believe me, i'm HOPiNG this is emotional!! i AM going through menopause, and have recently moved in with my elderly father and picky (but nice) sister. i'll admit being very nervous. At times, i feel so anxious it makes me cry, like when my daughter rides her motor scooter, etc. i have also suffered from asthma since being here, and was exposed to large amounts of mold, last year at my old, woodland apt. Yet, i can't help worrying about ALS....other day, i thought i'd left my car on, but it was ME, vibrating! i'm so scared......any thoughts?? Oh, a half valium often does make the vibrating better. Thanks so much, for any info, as i'm uninsured.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
    tape7

tape7 HB User
    Re: Internal Vibrating

Frejya: Please read my post on page 2 of this thread called Inner Trembling by Tape7. I have that same feeling. Don't know what it is, but am pretty sure I have MS from other symptoms I've had in past. It might possibly be a symptom of MS.

Old 05-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #3
    tape7

tape7 HB User

Frejya: This is Tape7 again. I forgot to tell you, I am also going through menopause so I figure it is either that or Multiple Sclerosis.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
    Frejya

Frejya HB User

Hi, Thanks for replying....i did read yout post, and it sounds similar. i hope you don't have MS! i know they say women can get crawling skin from menopause, but this does feel different. (unless anxiety from it could cause the feeling?) Some days, i do feel sick and listless though, and that seems different than anxiety. i have to say that i have also had Lymes Disease 2 yrs ago, and it caused extreme pain in my head and high fever....but i finally got rid of it with doxycycline (sp) i've also had a rupture of a breast implant, almost 3 yrs ago, but had that taken care of. Anyway, any other insights are welcome, and i hope you feel better soon! i am going to a family Dr. tomorrow, so i'll see what he says....but i have no funds for tests.

Old 05-23-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
    tape7

tape7 HB User

Hi Frejya: I hope your doctor can help, but usually they just tell you that your symptoms are stress related or hormones or anything they can if you don't have insurance to cover tests or on the PPO type of insurance like I am where they make an agreement with the insurance company not to run any unneeded tests. I'm just putting up with mine until something worse happens where they'll have to find out what it is. I don't feel it all of the time. Some days it's real bad and some days I'm fine, except it does happen every time I'm falling asleep or waking up, especially waking. It just feels like a trembling vibrating inside, and does make you feel kind of weak. I always think if I eat something I'll feel better, but it doesn't help much. Sometimes it gives me the feeling that I'm going to go into convulsions or something. I've never had convulsions, but I think if you were going to, this is how it would feel starting out. Well let me know what the doctor says. Tape7

Old 06-06-2004, 01:02 AM   #6
    krisey

krisey HB User

oh my gosh! I am having the same problems. I am only 19 years old and I feel like a shock wave going through my body. I get nerve spasms or chills. I get tingly feelings sometimes in my toes or other parts of the body. Ive already gone to the doctor about possibly having anxiety disorder, but this is too strange. What is wrong with me?

Closed Thread