It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• can a no contrast CT scan miss a tumor?? what r the chances??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
    juvenile171717
    (male)

juvenile171717 HB User
    can a no contrast CT scan miss a tumor?? what r the chances??

Ok... no one will answer my longer post so maybe I can simplify it for you guys to make it easier.. this is basically all i want to know neways... can a ct scan without contrast miss a tumor?? like what r the odds?? someone give me some answers plz.. im driving myself insane here..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
    intrepid fool

intrepid fool HB User
    Re: can a no contrast CT scan miss a tumor?? what r the chances??

Go to a Neurologist and get an MRI - I don't know about CT scans. I do know an MRI won't miss anything. Be sure You are insured or You will be out about $2500.00 dollars.
    I had this done 3/2004 & "they" found a large brain tumor...so I had a copy of the MRI made for me & it is clear as a flashligh showing every single detail of the brain. Look it up online if You need more convincing...look at CAT scan pictures VS. MRI pictures. Hope this helps: You asked for Help. God Bless & The Buddha Too.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
    juvenile171717
    (male)

juvenile171717 HB User

thanx for the help huys.. im still having headaches so I got an MRI set up for 2 weeks down the road... and an app. with a neurologist too... in a few months.. im pretty happy now that I have those set up.. and I'm from Canada so the MRI is free.. thank god... gotta love our health plan!

Old 06-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
    sickintoronto

sickintoronto HB User

What kind of doctor did you go to to get a MRI? I live in Canada too, and I've been to several doctors and NONE of them will give me an MRI. I've been dizzy for 11 months now and they haven't been able to help me or tell me why I am dizzy. I ask for an MRI and they won't give me one. How did you do it?

Old 06-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
    juvenile171717
    (male)

juvenile171717 HB User

oh i had trouble too... but i went to the emergency for the 4th time and basically asked the doctor to get me an MRI ... just dont take no for an answer.. ive been feeling like this for about 3 months now and just now did I finally get an MRI scheduled... i already had a CT scan awhile back.. also set up by an emergency doctor... my own doctor wouldnt do it for me.. like my family doctor... thats why I went to the emergency... i dunno.. maybe I got lucky.. but just dont take no for an answer...

Old 06-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
    IAM2CUTETODIE26

IAM2CUTETODIE26 HB User

I Did The Same Thing I Begged For The Er To Give Me A Brain Mri The Doc Was Ok I Had No Insurace It Came Back Good!

Closed Thread