It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Muscle Spasms / Tremors Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
    daniel Craig

daniel Craig HB User
    Muscle Spasms / Tremors Question

hey ,,,

Can anyone suggest some medication that actually works when it comes to helping ease muscle spasms? ...Clofen has helped me with the easing of cramps ...but nothing has ever stopped the acutual spasms causing the weakness / cramping .....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
    LaurieCrochets
    (female)

LaurieCrochets HB User
    Re: Muscle Spasms / Tremors Question

I have the same problem. I take Zanaflex for the past 6 months. I pray and beg mine would go away. If you, or anyone else knows, please let us know!!

Old 10-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #3
    kountrygurl

kountrygurl HB User

Have you tried Flexaril? If It is something caused by a spinal cord injury try Baclophen. It might knock you for a loop the first few days but it will help.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:55 AM   #4
    scottshr

scottshr HB User

You could also try propanolol

Last edited by scottshr; 12-15-2004 at 05:56 AM.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:57 AM   #5
    LaurieCrochets
    (female)

LaurieCrochets HB User

Hello,
    I posted a while ago. Want to let you all know I have just tried Soma, and Baclofen as a muscle relaxant. I was absolutely dying in pain. Every muscle in my body was dying. I have the muscle spasms in my back like in the kidney area, and all the way down to the low back. Not good. I am now back on my Zanaflex. The reason I tried to change was because the spasms were breaking thru the Zanaflex.
    I think no matter what med we try, we will still have them to some degree. I think I was looking for an absolute riddance of them, and that won't happen. I guess I can tolerate the one that break thru, they are very mild and uncomfortable, so I do get relief from the ones where you cannot breathe they are so strong. Hope that helps??
    Laurie

Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
    stach81
    (female)

stach81 HB User

My doctors had trouble finding medicine for my muscle tremors pain and spasms. I have multiple sclerosis and Ankylosis spondylosis (rheumatoid arthritis) and am only 25 years old. Flexeril and soma was tried as well as skelaxin however finally I was placed on valium. I thought it was strange being as I have always known it as an anti-ankiety medication, but it works wonders in allowing my muscles to relax and ease. It does not take away everything every day but about four days a week I have very little pain. I hope this may help.

Closed Thread