It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• My Central Nervous System is going bonkers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
    randilynn

randilynn HB User
    My Central Nervous System is going bonkers

Where do I even begin. I have just been diagnosed with a central nervous system disease...which one is yet to be determined. I would be grateful for any feedback on what I am experiencing...

Whatever it is, it's chronic and progressive. I was in a pretty bad car accident in Nov of 01'. 11K in damage to the car and a 3 day stay in the Trauma unit at UCDavis...6 weeks pregnant. I have 4 herniated discs in my neck. I honestly thought I was going to die, I firmly believe I have some sort of PTSD because of it. I cant get in a vehicle with out my hands and feet instantly breaking out into a sweat, my heart races and I feel dizzy. I have a fight for life anxiety about other people driving, I would rather stay home, its awful. I was taken out of work at 28 weeks PG due to pre-term labor. (He was born a week early, he is perfect!.)

As time has gone by things have gotten really bad, it started about . My symptoms don't seem to be isolated to one part of my body, I almost feel like there is something wrong with everything. If that makes sense. This is what I live with on a daily basis...

Sharp stabbing pains in feet, numbness in fingers and toes, random loss of circulation to hands (mostly left) that results in "claw hand" for about 30 seconds. random muscle twitches that rapidly jump from one place to another , rolling spasms, hand shaking that lasts 60min+, instant rapid heart beat that stops just as fast, LOTS of dizziness, lightheaded. two or three fingers or toes go numb suddenly (right now as I type its two numb toes!), upset stomach poor digestion (lightly put) poor appetite. Anemia. slurred speech, short term memory loss, numbness when uneven pressure is put on my feet. sharp, quick stabbing pain in head (lasts only seconds), extremely hypersensitive noise, touch, light. random adrenaline surges. Cant stand up for more than 5-10 min without leaning on something. Well that about sums it up.

The Neurologist ran 16 blood tests, gave me a EKG which came back abnormal, and did a few tests in the office which I failed miserably. He discovered that my blood pressure drops when I stand up. Not good. Also, he pinched my Achilles tendon pretty dang hard, and I didn't even flinch, apparently I should have felt significant pain...nothing's. He said it could be Dysautonomia Neuropathy, but from what I read its genetic and I should have shown symptoms sooner that 24 years old (26 now). What the heck is wrong, with my brain!

If your still reading, thanks. It took me a long time to admit this is real, and ask for help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: My Central Nervous System is going bonkers

If I were you,I would ask your doc about the possibility of possible compression to either the vagus nerve or the sympathetic nerves.i have sympathetic nervous system damage due to a surgery done on the inside of my spinal cord.Some of the symptoms that you are describing sound like what I am also experiencing.The two nerves that i just mentioned would have effects on the areas where you are complaining of the wierd symptoms.Mention this to your doc.Please keep me posted,K? Marcia

Old 09-26-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
    randilynn

randilynn HB User

Thanks for your reply! I must have checked 100 times for a reply to my post since yesterday! I will certainly start reading up on those nerves. I want to learn everything I possibly can about whatever this may be. Another possibility is RSDS, at least that is not something I would have passed onto the kids. I would never forgive myself for not investigating my symptoms sooner. Anything BUT genetic...is fine with me! Treatable or not!

A few symptoms I left off the original post...eye twitching, sometimes my hearing is overcome by what I can only describe as standing directly under a high voltage electricity line, it is a brain penetrating "BUZZ" and I cant hear anything else.

Also from the car accident my pelvic bone is rotated making one leg appear to be about an inch longer than the other. Including a side order of degenerative arthritis in my L spine. This stinks!

Old 09-28-2004, 04:29 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Glad I could offer you something.Please keep me posted on what you find out,K? i am rather curious to see what is causing this.From what you just added on the symptoms front,the twitching and buzzing, really does make it sound like it is related to those nerves.take care.Marcia

Closed Thread