It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Anyone have or know anyone with glioblastoma multiforme? Need some hope!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
    hklover29
    (female)

hklover29 HB User
    Anyone have or know anyone with glioblastoma multiforme? Need some hope!

I'm going through a scary situation right now where my boyfriend's mother was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme about a month ago. She started having symptoms 2 months ago. I've been going out with my boyfriend for over 2 years so she is close to me. I've done hours of searching online about this type of tumor, and I'm not really finding anything positive here. The tumor is located in a spot where they cannot operate, so she is on radiation and chemotherapy. Is there any hope here? I can't find survival rates for people who only go through radiation and chemo and do not have an operation. They are low enough as it is WITH an operation. If anyone can relate and give me some kind of hope or just the statistics here....or even a prayer for her, thank you. I'm actually taking care of her for the next month while she goes through radiation. I stay at home with her, take her to her appointments, and keep her company. The rest of her family had to work to pay all the medical bills and other bills since she is not working anymore, so I offered to stay since I don't have any bills to pay. So far everything seems fine, she's got lots of energy and she isn't having any strange side effects yet. What am I to suspect in the next few weeks? I have no clue if I'm even ready to handle this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread