It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• brain ct scan for central nervous system

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2001, 08:01 PM   #1
    angel66

angel66 HB User
    Question brain ct scan for central nervous system

I have been having problems with my back and my hand. My doctors have decided that they would like to give me a CT scan of the brain to find out if there is anything wrong with my central nervous system. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any ideas what they are looking for? Should I get this done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2001, 04:56 PM   #2
    Robert2

Robert2 HB User
    Yes, it's a common procedure.

They are looking for impaired blood flow or small strokes in your brain.

Absolutely, they may be able to fix what ails you before it becomes permanent and, if they find nothing, at least they know enough to look elsewhere. Don't worry, it's not that hard to have a CAT scan. They will put your head in a plastic brace to hold it in the right position and they may give you a shot of contrasting solution. The scan itself is done in a few second. They keep your head attached to your body at all times.

Closed Thread