It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• **Mold Diagnosis/Symptoms**

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
    i_care

i_care HB User
    Exclamation **Mold Diagnosis/Symptoms**

I have a few questions and maybe someone can provide some answers...on Mold Spores and symptoms from toxic or non toxic mold.. I bought a new home in December and in April the basement starting flooding and has flooded 4 times since leaving everything in my basement ruined with mold and mildew. I am now waiting for tests to come back today from mold samples because I started to clean and got sick. My daughter also has had bad stomach cramping,headaches,shakes,light headedness,sweats and a rash on her body that won't leave since this all has happened. The doctor tells me I have anxiety and she possibly has an ulcer??Blood tests that our doctor did shows nothing unusual and they seem unconcerned.. but I am worried that it's due to mold or maybe something else..If anyone has any ideas or suggestions..they would be muchly appreciated.. People need to read up on "Mold" and it's attacks of the nervous system and symptoms..My doctor(D.O.)doesn't seemed concerned and Im sick of giving my daughter and myself med's all the time that don't work...Thanks for your help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2002, 09:14 AM   #2
    RAline

RAline HB User
    I have heard that people develop multiple chemical sensitivity as a result of exposure to mold from floods, etc. In fact, I think it's common.

I would put your post on the allergies board -- I bet you'll find others who have had the same problem.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #3
    i_care

i_care HB User
    Cool

Thanks for information....muchly appreciated

Old 06-28-2002, 12:33 PM   #4
    BeautifulMess
    Inactive

BeautifulMess HB User
    Hi icare,,, Im in the same boat,, we purchased 3 yrs ago, living in a home built in the 50's, it was inspected prior to purchase, yet since the inspector has refunded all monies since we have had our home backflooded from our septic, found water mold in the walls from the faulty roof, which we are now having replaced. We purchased a home mold spore test, and preformed this on our ac unit, since the ac also went out, my hubby gets into the ac space, and finds mega thick yucky muck that was everywhere. Fungus grew, we sent it away to the lab, it came back with 10+ molds,,,, myself, my hubbby and my boys are constantly sick, i acquired a mysterious rash in early 2001 and have yet to figure it out. Had skin biopsy came back lichen simplex chronicus, no meds helped, no ointments, two packs of steroids barely touched it. Second biopsy comes back granuloma annulare,, its hideous, also constant major stomach aches, headaches, lightheadedness, my lil one just went to cardiologist, constant sweats,, my boys sleep til 12:30 noon,, rather odd i think. Ive never mentioned the mold issue to any doctors, and really dont know what to do. cant afford the professionals to come out and rid my home of this awful stuff.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:19 AM   #5
    i_care

i_care HB User
    Exclamation

Hi Beautiful Mess...just with what you have told me and the more digging I do on the subject..you need to make the doctors aware of this because if you have a mold in your home called "Stachybotrys"it is serious stuff and can cause major health problems and lead to death eventually if left untreated. Look on sites with molds...you will be able to find lots of interesting but scary information. I feel badly for you, yours is out of control, mine just started so it's getting fixed slowly but surely. It took me getting professionals and the state involved to get it rolling. Sorry for all your problems.. let me know what you find out.

Old 07-24-2002, 02:38 AM   #6
    EricaSue
    Inactive

EricaSue HB User
    Hi there, thought I would give you all a suggestion. I work at an Insurance company and we take mold claims very very seriously. You should MOST definately contact your homeowners insurance company and file a mold/water dmg claim. Your insurance company should pay for mold removal and testing to see what exactly is going on and the extent of the damages. We are all told here that mold claims are becoming so prevalant when being left untreated that we are too always always suggest restoration companies for any water damage claims. This would be services such as ServiceMaster or ServPro. They have special testing devices and also have chemicals to clean up the mold. Just a thought.

Contact your insurance, you may be surprised!!!

Erica

Closed Thread