It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• left maxillary retention cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2002, 03:22 PM   #1
    Music

Music HB User
    Question left maxillary retention cyst

My MRI showed left maxillary retention cyst
    Dose anyone have any information on this?

Music

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
    elogan135
    (female)

elogan135 HB User
    Re: left maxillary retention cyst

Yes actually I have been diagnosed with one. I've had several flare ups of sinusitis since October of 2005. I've taken everything, antibiotics, steriods for the inflammation and just recently I was perscribed water pills and an anti fungal which I begged my ENT for. I have basically been doing all the research and telling my doctors what to prescribe me. You see I was seen by an ENT in NJ initially who told me I needed surgery. Then I went for a second opinion where I was told that I didn't need surgery and was prescribed Avelox and a Predisone (Steroid) which greatly helped on reducing the swelling. Anyhow, I had been asking all of these knuckle heads to prescribe me an anti fungal because I thought that the antibiotics was causing a yeast overgrowth and none of the NYC or NJ doctors believed me. Anyhow, I recently moved to the D.C. area and picked a new ENT who is probably not pleased to have me as his patient. Well on my first visit I immediately told him to take a culture of my nose and prescribe an anti fungal. I've been on it for a week along with the water pills and they have helped greatly but I had a CT scan yesterday that showed a great reduction in the swelling but the cyst was still present. Now I'm convienced that I will probably need surgery. As a side not. This thing bugs the hell out of me. I can literally feel it in my maxillary sinus. I sometimes get a crackling sounds in my sinuses which makes if very difficult to sleep. I'm not sure if this is coming from them opening or what but I JUST WANT IT TO FUCKING STOP ALREADY......!!! SO I CAN REST NORMALLY AGAIN...

Closed Thread