It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• HELP, burning and itching under the skin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2003, 08:31 AM   #1
    kaykels

kaykels HB User
    Post HELP, burning and itching under the skin

I am desperate for advice. For the past 15 years I have been sensitive to the sun. It causes a burning itch under my skin. I have had auto-immune problems in the past. It has escalated to whole new level. I was walking around outside a few days ago on the first sunny day in weeks. I didn't get sunburned or even slightly pink but now my arms are itching and burning under the skin so badly that I am going nuts. The doctor just tells me to wear sunblock. I am tired of them treating the SYMPTOM and not looking for the problem. Does anyone have a suggestions? This is burning itch is almost more than I can stand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
    HERMIT
    Inactive

HERMIT HB User
    I had incredible symptoms of itching and burning in my neck and legs, but it turned out i had a spinal cord tumor. Not saying you do--but maybe there is an underlying condition doctors haven't found? It took two years to finally admit it wasn't an infection and get an MRI done. Good Luck.

Old 05-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
    RightLittleMadam

RightLittleMadam HB User
    I don't know, but I can sympathize. I've had the itching under the skin thing for years and there are times when I'm almost in tears because of it. Also, continual dizziness and jaw tension on the right side of my head. My shrink diagnosed anxiety disorder but after Zoloft and 8 years of therapy it's still there! However after reading posts here about how these symptoms can be related to muscle tension in the neck and shoulders - which actually makes sense to me - I've decided to finally see a neurologist and get myself some deep tissue massage (thank you for that advice, Kamden).

Closed Thread