It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• constant dizziness. please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
    stcarlsen
    (male)

stcarlsen HB User
    Talking constant dizziness. please help

i have had a constant dizziness for the past 6 months, and i have had all the tests from 2 ENT's, 2 Neuros, blood tests, ENG, MRI, tilt table, more., they have been unable to find anything. my symptoms are dizziness mainly when standing, but also when sitting if i am doing something that requires alot of thought or movement. It is not a spinning vertigo more of just a spacy disoriented, lightheadedness. movement makes it worse. i feel motion sickness sometimes. it is like all the signals are not processing right in my brain, and i feel more movement than there is. especially when i am visually distracted. My other symptoms are muscle spasms, hand tremors, a wierd vibration in my legs and sometimes arms, and some slight visual symptoms like sensitve to light and sometimes if i stare at writing it seems to vibrate. My docs have all attributed it to anxiety, because this all started after a panic attack that sent me to the ER, sometimes i believe it, but i am not stressed all the time. 2 neuros say its not MS or anything bad. does any one have any ideas? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User
    Re: constant dizziness. please help

Hi Stcarlsen - Sorry you are so sick! I was there 2 months ago but have started antibiotic treatment and am feeling much better. I have lyme and two tick borne coinfections. Please see the last post here called, "dizziness, numbness, and tingling" that I wrote - it will tell you of my experience getting tested...as well there was an earlier post by me when I first got my diagnosis - I had every one of your symptoms and more. The sensitivity to light, the buzzing nervous system is a biggy, the vertigo I had would make me feel like I was being pushed into my bed at night when I would lay down, I felt like I was going to pass out at least 5 times a day, I started having heart palps. and chest pain as it got worse...my heart would skip beats...

These illnesses affect everyone differently. I cannot stress enough how important it is to see an LLMD (lyme literate M.D.) - don't think that because you see an Infectious Disease doctor that he is lyme literate...many if not the majority don't have a clue about tick borne illness - and if you are lucky enough to have testing come back indicating the lyme then getting proper treatment is even harder.

Please check out the lyme board here at healthboards and read my previous posts here. I hope you feel better soon! If you have further questions for me do not hesitate to ask and if I don't catch your question here just ask me on the lyme thread that is where I hang out most of the time

Last edited by ncgirl88; 12-30-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
    sugaragus
    (male)

sugaragus HB User

Hello Sorry to hear how bad you feel. I have something similar but definitely different. I'm replying so you can possibly get a test done that they did for me. My test came back negative but it may be a test that is perfect for you. It is an ENG test. It's a test to check for vestibular problems that cause dizziness, spinning, etc. A hearing doctor would do the test. You wear these goggles that block all light and then they blow cold and warm air into your ears. It's not a pleasant test but definitely one you should ask your doctor about. This can tell if its inner ear nerve damage causing all this. This could have happened from a virus or other causes. Good Luck

Old 01-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
    FrontierDriver2
    (male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

I have the same type of dizziness. It's not a spinning but more like the inside of my head is just moving back and forth. Like you, when I stare at words or anything really.. it seems to vibrate. I just bought a new laptop and when I look at the LCD the words all seem to vibrate. Check your blood pressure and make sure it isnt high. I do have high blood pressure and the dizziness seems to worse when my BP is high.

My dizziness had gotten much better until a couple of days ago. I got some water in my ear the other day and my head feels off balance and im dizzy. I put some Swimmers Ear solution in my ear to get the water out right after it happened. I hear some popping noises in my ear too.

Closed Thread