It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Cyst in brain in nervous system?!?! help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
    staind00

staind00 HB User
    Unhappy Cyst in brain in nervous system?!?! help!

I was diagnosed after a Catscan and MRR with a half a centimeter cyst in my brain, located in my nervous system.. This all began in early june where I suddenly collapsed, I was put on medicine for seizure control after they found they cyst, They said where the cyst is can cause seizures, though they still aren't sure that it was a seizure.

They told me this kind of cyst was common and doesn't need to be removed and wasn't a threat.. but i haven't felt good since.. And right now i have soo much pressure in my head.. it feels like its going to blow up.. It doesn't hurt but it's really uncomfortable and heavy and alot of pressure..

Does anyone else have this same diagnosis? That is all my neurologist told me that it was a cyst in my brain in my nervous system, Nothing else.. Does anyone have any more information, Or anythign with this pressure in my head, what causes this? Is it serious? I don't know if i should go to the Emergency Room or not..

Pleaes help me.. I'm so confused, I feel horrible

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
    staind00

staind00 HB User
    When I said MRR, I typed it wrong, I meant MRI, lol sorry.. just wanted to correct that!

Old 08-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
    Lil Ole Me

Lil Ole Me HB User
    I would suggest getting a second opinion especially since you are having the pressure feeling in your head. The cyst could be putting pressure on the brain or there could be some swelling which you would need to take Decadron to reduce the swelling/pressure.

Closed Thread